• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag Tag ideas

TheChimchim

Bogey Member
Not sure if the right section to post this but..... I am in charge of the Bag Tags for my local club. I am looking for new ideas to make this year a bigger success than last year. In the past we have used the same pattern and type of tag. We have run 5 divisions, Pro, Am, Women's, Masters and Grand Masters, in the past to increase participation. This year after running the 5 divisions for the past 2 years I have come to the decision to only run 4 this year, Pro, Am, Women's, and Masters.

This is what the current Tags look like. Each division is a different color, AM is blue, Pro is Red, Women's is pink, masters is black and grandmasters is grey.

2011 Am Tags by TheChimChim, on Flickr

So what im looking for is ideas what kind of tags have you had? What have you liked what have you not? Your input is appreciated.

hey Ryan

Mason County used little flyer tags last year. Not very happy with the value compared to cost. we are using paragon in 2013 for tags and club package. The prices are awesome and miles sites a great job supporting the sport.

hey Ryan

Mason County used little flyer tags last year. Not very happy with the value compared to cost. we are using paragon in 2013 for tags and club package. The prices are awesome and miles sites a great job supporting the sport.

I'll second this. Paragon Disc Golf is the way to go for your tags.

I'd like to see a bottle opener on them, and it's nice to have the schedule on the back of the tag for people that aren't technologically savy. OR! Could we get them in the shape of the murder mitten? That way the glove, thumb, space could be a bottle opener.

That's a lot of divisions, but a good idea keeping them in circulation I guess. I've never had different divisions. What happens if you play a mixed group? No swaping between divisions? I could see just Pro and Am. A good idea is to have a mele round where every one throws their tag in a hat, and plays for everyone elses that shows up. Low tag to the low round. Gets the tags moving a lot.

We sell around 100+ Am, 20-25 Pro, 5-10 Women, 10-15 Masters, 1-5 Grandmasters tags. Prior to having divisions we sold around 100. There are no cross division challenges even on mixed cards. All league and tournament round are mandatory challenges. We also have "all in" nights at our most popular league. On these nights a top percent of the tag are required to turn in and the rest of the number are mandatory(Most player throw in any way).

@gonnagal I like the idea of a mitten bottle opener but the problem with that is cost. If we sell at the same price we currently are we will get less money for our course improvement fund. it would depend on the price we can get the custom tags for.

For those of you that have used Paragon. Do they offer replacement tags for tag that are lost/stolen/Broken?

We sell around 100+ Am, 20-25 Pro, 5-10 Women, 10-15 Masters, 1-5 Grandmasters tags. Prior to having divisions we sold around 100. There are no cross division challenges even on mixed cards. All league and tournament round are mandatory challenges. We also have "all in" nights at our most popular league. On these nights a top percent of the tag are required to turn in and the rest of the number are mandatory(Most player throw in any way).

@gonnagal I like the idea of a mitten bottle opener but the problem with that is cost. If we sell at the same price we currently are we will get less money for our course improvement fund. it would depend on the price we can get the custom tags for.

For those of you that have used Paragon. Do they offer replacement tags for tag that are lost/stolen/Broken?

I've not had any issues to where I needed to replace a tag, but I'm sure Miles would work with you. Especially if you are ordering 100+ custom tags.

@chimchim I know cost would be way more then we really wanted to spend. Was merely offering a suggestion. Personally I'd rather see the course prosper then myself another bottle opener.

I like our tags a lot Chim, but I second Chris's changing the shape...I think a mitten tag would rock...even managing a 2 piece with a keychain link or something, for the UP and LP...

I personally am in huge favor of the schedule.

The only thing I'd really like to see is somehow a better enforcement of challenges. I got shafted a few times on "off cards" and flat out throw downs, not having anything answered, or being flat out ignored even. If in 2 weeks you don't play, you give the tag up, period.

I'd love to see us go back to the old metal ones, I'd pay 15 for a tag then. Those looked sweet

If you're selling less than 5 Grandmaster tags, or less than 5 for any division, for that matter, you should probably fold the division into another one: such a small division would get repetitive and dull. Coloring them gray probably doesn't help either.

I created my own bag tag at work to test out the material and the process. The tag is advertised as a "bolf" bag tag. No reason it can't be used for disc golf, though. It is a photo from the top of hole 3 at cass benton in the fall. Will post pics later...

If you're selling less than 5 Grandmaster tags, or less than 5 for any division, for that matter, you should probably fold the division into another one: such a small division would get repetitive and dull. Coloring them gray probably doesn't help either.

I am not having a grand masters division this year. I only sold 2 last year. I totally agree with what you have said. the colors have worked in the past but.... Im looking for some thing better.

One of the clubs I joined had rectangular metal tags with a bottle opener, engraved. But the coolest part was every number that ended in 3 was an engraved wooden mini disc.
Also, while I think the idea of tags for divisions is kinda neat, it can't be cost effective. Whatever tag you go with, make them different colored by number set (ie., 1-5 black, 5-25 red, 26-50 blue etc. 420 green:) Make a Pi and an infinity tag to raffle off at your year-end club championships or something)

So what im looking for is ideas what kind of tags have you had? What have you liked what have you not? Your input is appreciated.

What do you put on the reverse of the tags? Are they the same on both side, or do you put information of some kind on them? Suggestions I have are a list of holes and distances for your club's main "home" course, dates and times for your club's scheduled weekly events or major club events, or if you seal the luggage tags in laminating pouches that have a matte finish on one side, you could print a scorecard on the back that can be written on in pencil and erased for reuse. Marshall Street already sells something like this:

http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/product/ST-28542/MSt-Reusable-Scorecard---Large/

Chim posted what the front looks like. On the reverse side was our schedule of tournaments for the year, where at, and what tier.

What do you put on the reverse of the tags? Are they the same on both side, or do you put information of some kind on them? Suggestions I have are a list of holes and distances for your club's main "home" course, dates and times for your club's scheduled weekly events or major club events, or if you seal the luggage tags in laminating pouches that have a matte finish on one side, you could print a scorecard on the back that can be written on in pencil and erased for reuse. Marshall Street already sells something like this:

http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/product/ST-28542/MSt-Reusable-Scorecard---Large/

We use cow tags. They're cheap and durable. The different division tags wouldn't work for us since we have some many people that play different division depending on the course. We decided to make the tags a different color: Gold 1-10, Blue 11-49, White 50-100, Red 101-200

Latest posts