• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag Tags What For?

These tags were cut from a cedar tree. The monkey(named Thelonius) was the original #1 tag back when we were a club of only 6-8 guys. April Showers 4 was the first official tag event we had the cedar ones for.

6416_g.jpg

Bag tags were created to expose the ugly, stingy side of disc golfers. How many times have you seen someone with a low # tag split early if he's playing poorly? Or come up with lame excuses why he "left his tag at home", shouldn't have to swap because a car horn blew while he was putting, etc.

What's the worst excuse you've heard?

thanks everyone for your comments!! That really helps. If we only have 5-10 players right now, do you think that I should have 25 made now for future growth? It sounds like I should wait til the end of the year.

Thanks!!

I am working on a bag tag league in fort wayne, in for 2011.

My parents have a laser engraving company and can laser engrave tags for us.

Depends on production cost i might be able to work with them on making "kits" for clubs. of 10-100 bag tags.

So what would the general terms be when playing others for bag tags in casual play and in toss events? Would you have to put your bag tag up any time you played another tag member? Can one decline a challenge if afraid of defeat? How does that work?

So what would the general terms be when playing others for bag tags in casual play and in toss events? Would you have to put your bag tag up any time you played another tag member? Can one decline a challenge if afraid of defeat? How does that work?

I don't think so. I mean I think if you're the lower number you can say you don't want to but i think the higher ones are always up for grabs.

View attachment 8215
We use tags for team Bert, and we also have a doubles tag that have as well. We use it for bragging rights, and crap talking. It gives you something to shoot for and when the round is done the changing of tags is a great moment. We made them at a pet supply store.
Biz
Team Bert

For the four of you? Dude we should totally do tags for shore acres next year.

Here's the information from our club about tags, including what we suggest one should do when someone won't play for tags: shame them.

The Skylands Tag Challenge is designed to bring friendly competition amongst Skylands Members. The Skylands tags can be challenged at anytime at any reasonable course. The lowest tag is always the highest ranking tag, so if you have #7 and get challenged by #18 and #35, the #7 would be the highest ranking tag because it is the lowest. If a player with a higher # tag beats a lower # tag, the tags get exchanged. Ties always go to the lower # tag. All Skylands Tag Holders should always have their tags attached to their bags. You can not challenge your tag if you don't have it with you. When ever 2 or more Skylanders meet, (casual play, leagues, tourneys, glow round etc…) Tags should be on the line. Refusing a challenge is unacceptable. If a player refuses a challenge, a thread on the Skylands message board should immediately be posted so all Skylands members can make fun of that person!

gregorvn;556228 [B said:
Refusing a challenge is unacceptable. If a player refuses a challenge, a thread on the Skylands message board should immediately be posted so all Skylands members can make fun of that person![/B]

Love that last part!:thmbup:

One source for tags is protags.com
But if you just type in golf bag tags you'll get a whole bunch of companies that make them.

In Asheville, the tag money goes into an account. At the end of the year, we have a match play tournament and the winner gets 50% of the cash in the tag fund. The other 50% goes to the general fund for the club and the Party!

DSCJNKY

Thanks so much for your help!! I didn't know if someone could loose thier tag for refusing to accept a challenge from a player with a higher numbered tag?

Anyone do any sort of handicapping when challenging for bag tags to level the field between players of varying abilities OR are they always played straight-up to keep a sort of running ranking system going within the club??

I think disc golf should be more like Afro-Samurai and we should play for the number one headband! That would be awesome, and hilarious!

Why cant you just answer the question PanickJ? Your an eagle member for goodness sakes! You should gladly help new forum members and not try to be funny rather than give a reasonable answer. Some people are here to learn. Nothing wrong with being funny if you take care of the question first! At least that's my opinion. :thmbdown:

I think disc golf should be more like Afro-Samurai and we should play for the number one headband! That would be awesome, and hilarious!

we started a group like this you speak of. we have about 30 tags between all of us. no name or anything yet, just tags. come the first of the year we're going to get some tags made, this time....5 bucks for a tag so that we see who all is really in to this bag tag thing we have going and to see who really gets out there and plays.

I just started a Disc Golf Club on campus and we created some bag tags from gold anodized aluminum and etched it with a laser cutter. Ill try and post pictures later. We charged $5.00 to get in so kinda like a club due but didnt require you to join if you didnt want to. We are using it as a friendly means to play during the week to get our fix until we get to play as a full club on the weekends.

Here is a link to the rules we play by
RIT Bag Tag Rules

Latest posts