• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bagger !?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you sign up with the PDGA, you'll have a rating. Play where you're eligible, if that's what you want to do.

If you're not a PDGA member, or are playing in a non-PDGA event, you're subject to the decision of the TD. Live with it.

Do you have other, poor-performance events to offset that runaway? If not, if that's the only tournament you've played, you should be MA2, and probably MA1.

I have a lot of fun playing disc golf. It just gets on my nerve that we always seem to have this same conversation over and over. People truly know where their level is. They know that they are either rec, inter, adv, or pro. To grow this sport to the point to where people would take us serious, these kind of posts should just stop. We as disc golfers have been spoiled. What other competitive sport rewards us for not being a pro? People who compete in organized sports get ribbons or trophies for winning FIRST place. We on the other hand get disc for coming in TENTH. We then take those disc and either use them or SELL them. We beat people by 21 strokes and try to play the same division. C'mon. I have no problem with disc golf being fun, but do you really think it's fun beating people you know that you're 21 strokes better then. Maybe I just see something different. I made mention about his health because he tried to use that as an excuse not to move up. PLEASE. He's in shape enough to beat the snot out of the rec players but not in shape enough to move up? This guy is the sand, the bag, and the shovel putting the sand in the bag.

Awesome find. :clap:

Okay, OP, I think we've established you can at least compete in intermediate.
I'm not sure how that tournament helps support that. He had a rec rating for that tournament if he's the person I think. He also got beat by 3 PDGA members who are rec level based on ratings and 6 total players who played below 900.

I have plenty of fun at disc golf. I love the game but this guy is a joke. I've won, lost and at every tournament i've had it's been great fun. So Boom! Lol. Seriously, I hear this on the course always. People just afraid to move up because of a lack of confidence, but as i learned early in this sport, I got tremendously better because I moved up. I just wish people could just see that for themselves. The rec division should be for the people who are beginning and enjoying it but would like to add a little competition to their game. As they get more serious they then have the other divisions to jump into. Keeping the fun as you have said.

I have plenty of fun at disc golf. I love the game but this guy is a joke. I've won, lost and at every tournament i've had it's been great fun. So Boom! Lol. Seriously, I hear this on the course always. People just afraid to move up because of a lack of confidence, but as i learned early in this sport, I got tremendously better because I moved up. I just wish people could just see that for themselves. The rec division should be for the people who are beginning and enjoying it but would like to add a little competition to their game. As they get more serious they then have the other divisions to jump into. Keeping the fun as you have said.

Nope. The rec division is for players with a rating under 900. Period. It's great that you enjoyed moving up, but it's unreasonable to force everyone to move up, that defeats the purpose of having rating based divisions. Rec has nothing to do with "beginners" or not being serious, it's simply a place for players of a specific ratings range, as are novice, intermediate and advanced.

... After back and fourth with them and the pdga I'm allowed to play in rec...

Why did the PDGA/TD cave in an allow the OP to play Rec?

One of the things I like about the ratings system is that it sets up a structure where players can be competitive. It is no fun playing in a tournament knowing that you have no chance of winning. The rating system, when used correctly, does a pretty good job of setting up an environment where everyone has a chance to be competitive within their division.

One weakness of the system is where to put new players, or players without a rating. I commend the TD for recognizing a player who has evidence of playing below his rating and not allowing him to play rec. I just don't understand why the PDGA/TD caved in and allowed him to play rec just because he complained about it.

All players have the right to play according to their rating. All players have the right to join the PDGA and get a rating. To the OP, if you want to play rec, join the PDGA and play rec if you rating allows.

No trolling .......working, sorry! I found it interesting what everybody was saying except Erock!!!! E has played with me in the past and he knows I'm not that good! A lot of good points and a lot of points I just laugh at. My biggest reason that I don't move up and that nobody has mention is my health issues, I like I said after about a round I'm in the bag. I'm throwing out a serious question just to read all your opinions . If I would win whatever tourney I decide to play in next, we'll I would def move up. E and that quote was guys who keep winning and not move up, I won one time.

The op is not a troll account. His threw rounds rated:
957, 875 and 922.

I wonder why people are mad?

He won by 20 averaging 918 rated rounds. Not the OP's fault. He would have won Int by 10 averaging 918 rated rounds...No way shape or form hes a bagger. Although he should probably play intermediate in the future.

So what do you feel about 920 rated players that play in Intermediate?

I get called a bagger but feel like If I play my best game, I am still competing and its always back and forth at the end-- I like that feeling rather than moving up and being beat by 14 strokes every tournament.

Only thing that sucks is the people who step up that have <900 ratings always calling me a bagger

Why did the PDGA/TD cave in an allow the OP to play Rec?

One of the things I like about the ratings system is that it sets up a structure where players can be competitive. It is no fun playing in a tournament knowing that you have no chance of winning. The rating system, when used correctly, does a pretty good job of setting up an environment where everyone has a chance to be competitive within their division.

One weakness of the system is where to put new players, or players without a rating. I commend the TD for recognizing a player who has evidence of playing below his rating and not allowing him to play rec. I just don't understand why the PDGA/TD caved in and allowed him to play rec just because he complained about it.

All players have the right to play according to their rating. All players have the right to join the PDGA and get a rating. To the OP, if you want to play rec, join the PDGA and play rec if you rating allows.

Not caving in just following rules. You can play where ever you are until ratings are updated. If the TD's dont turn in reports then you have even more time to play in that division. rules are rules.

If you won by 21 in rec and would have won by 10 in the int group above it, why are you even questioning whether you should move up?

Anyone defending this guy sticking in that division is flat out retarded. Shrug

If you won by 21 in rec and would have won by 10 in the int group above it, why are you even questioning whether you should move up?

"If" you average 820 rated rounds and everyone you play against averages 720 rated rounds and you win by 30, you should move up because in that specific tournament a bunch of bad players showed up? That is silly and you are silly. No offence to the OP but he didnt win by 21 because he played well. He won by that many because of how poorly everyone else played that day and that tournament. People forget how diverse and regional this country is. In Charlotte you need to average 950 rated rounds to win Int. You might be a 915 rated player but you need to play out of your mind to win. Its not about bagging, its about putting together 2-4 good rounds on that specific weekend. In other areas you just need to average 910 to win Intermediate. So both those players would need to move up just because they won something...silly.

@ OP: I'm definitely NOT going to call you a bagger, or say you played rec maliciously so as to clean up on lesser players....but:

personally, I'd be embarrassed if I won by 21 strokes and then DIDN'T move up, regardless of any health issues, my rating, [insert xyz reason here], etc.

But that's just me. :shrugsmiley:

"If" you average 820 rated rounds and everyone you play against averages 720 rated rounds and you win by 30, you should move up because in that specific tournament a bunch of bad players showed up? That is silly and you are silly. No offence to the OP but he didnt win by 21 because he played well. He won by that many because of how poorly everyone else played that day and that tournament. People forget how diverse and regional this country is. In Charlotte you need to average 950 rated rounds to win Int. You might be a 915 rated player but you need to play out of your mind to win. Its not about bagging, its about putting together 2-4 good rounds on that specific weekend. In other areas you just need to average 910 to win Intermediate. So both those players would need to move up just because they won something...silly.

I don't think you read the whole thread.

Why? That's my question. 5 months out of the year I'm a casual once or twice a week player. In that one tourney I beat everybody, they had a lot of good intermediate players that normally I couldn't beat. I played very good that day and all I heard from others is I missed this easy putt or this putt.......it was a big deal when I tried to sign up again and I figured what the hell, let's see what people you don't know me think. Again those who actually put time in with good points, thanks! Those who are like Bagger 10 strokes.....blah blah :doh:

No trolling .......working, sorry! I found it interesting what everybody was saying except Erock!!!! E has played with me in the past and he knows I'm not that good! A lot of good points and a lot of points I just laugh at. My biggest reason that I don't move up and that nobody has mention is my health issues, I like I said after about a round I'm in the bag. I'm throwing out a serious question just to read all your opinions . If I would win whatever tourney I decide to play in next, we'll I would def move up. E and that quote was guys who keep winning and not move up, I won one time.

Round two was your best round.

Status
Not open for further replies.