• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bags that are good to cycle with?

Jungle Tim

Birdie Member
I know most people sling the bag in the back, jump in the car and hit the course.....

For thoses of you who squeek your way to the course on a bicycle - whats a good bag??

Things I would like to beable to carry to the course -

Padlock and cable
Plenty of water
Water proofs!
Helmet, Gloves, Lights.
10 Discs~ish.

I just ditch the bag and throw a few things in an old backpack. As long as I have a lock, water, and a couple discs I'm good, but I have to ride about 13 miles each way to play so I try to stay pretty light.

I would just use my Timbuk2 courier bag. It would hold the discs, bike lock, helmet, lights, etc. no problem, is waterproof as heck, and is made to carry while riding a bike. It would work fine as a DG bag, too. Maybe not as well as a dedicated DG bag, but better than most of the re-purposed bags I've seen.

Just get a crunch box or similar size bag and stow in your basket on the front. Dedicated cyclists still rock the basket and streamer look, right?

I cycle a lot (dont have a car) and backpack straps and my small bag is great for up to 25 miles. My big bag a little less. I tend to pack light, but if I need a lot of stuff, i can always carry my big bag (24 disc capacity) and put clothes ect in the disc compartment and only carry my usual 7-12 discs. BTW a good commuter bike with a good rack is always a plus.

I've been biking all to the course all summer and have been using my Spider Monkey with quads. It's been working out well although if you need a lot of extra storage you may want something a little bigger. I also own a Timbukt2 bag as bikinjak suggested and cant say enough good things about it. I bought mine in the 90's and it's still holding strong after more than a decade's abuse.

So I guess what Im saying is if you want a dedicated disc golf bag, any small bag with quads will do fine. If you want a multi-pupose bag, you cant go wrong with the Timbuk2.

Backpack is probably the better idea. I have a Revo Carolina that I cycle with and it's good for what I need. If you have a DG bag, it's better to get one with a capacity a little more than you need as it's good extra storage space too.

My Innova Competition w/Quads works fine for me. I like to bike to the course sometimes since there are 2 within 6 miles of my house. I'd just keep my lock in the saddle bag and anything I didn't want stolen (lights/refectors/etc) comes with me in my Comp bag once I hit the course.

One of the backpack style bags (discs in bottom stuff in top) would be a good option. I usually use the 1st gen spider monkey. My 1st Gen Gorilla (wish I had a new kong instead) is ok for short trips, but even better when I have the trailer attached. . .

Latest posts