• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Ballista Pro

I don't think the condition of the mold has much to do with a disc going out of production. If the disc sells, they'll tool up another mold (see San Marino, Ontario, and Rancho Rocs). The Lycan is OOP and I doubt they did more than two runs of that dud. It's a marketing decision that has little to do with the condition of the production tooling.

Wasn't the Lycan just a top and bottom piece they already had?

I don't think the condition of the mold has much to do with a disc going out of production. If the disc sells, they'll tool up another mold (see San Marino, Ontario, and Rancho Rocs). The Lycan is OOP and I doubt they did more than two runs of that dud. It's a marketing decision that has little to do with the condition of the production tooling.

That's what I was saying... if it sells well, they'll get a new mold. If not, they might decide to go OOP. And yea, it's a sales and marketing decision...

Correct, I just wish making a new mold didn't sometimes ruin the disc. When the San Marino stingray mold broke multiple discs changed for the worse. Good ol sanny sentinels, stingrays and qms were money if they could reproduce those I would buy huge stacks of each!

Bump. A lot of the sponsored folks seemed to be liking this disc. Anybody got a take on how they fly/season?

I got a guy at work that keeps asking me to try to find him one of these in gold line. He says he's had one already but all I see anywhere is opto. Do gold lines exist?

I got a guy at work that keeps asking me to try to find him one of these in gold line. He says he's had one already but all I see anywhere is opto. Do gold lines exist?

The special edition was gold burst. Ive seen em still floating around in some shops.

Just watched Bobbys Dynamic Discs blog form Finland and Paige Pierce got 4 Ballista Pro as her signature Disc. . .Paige is a DD player with a all DD bag. . strange to give her a signature Lat64 disc

Sure Trilogi has all Three brands but if you are a DD player should´nt your signature disc be DD?

Just watched Bobbys Dynamic Discs blog form Finland and Paige Pierce got 4 Ballista Pro as her signature Disc. . .Paige is a DD player with a all DD bag. . strange to give her a signature Lat64 disc

Sure Trilogi has all Three brands but if you are a DD player should´nt your signature disc be DD?

PP does have at least one DD sig disc. They might be trying to cash in on her popularity in Europe...

She have a signature Defender so changing that to a Ballista Pro seems strange, so i wonder ife Ballista is replacing a DD disc or just and a new disc to her bag. .

But you are right, PP is one of Trilogis top players and Lat64 is popular in Europe so maybe a smart move to relese a PP lat64 disc

PP does have at least one DD sig disc. They might be trying to cash in on her popularity in Europe...

No doubt, and why not.

I've seen her signature discs as Deputies, Convicts, and Defenders, all DD. So if she bags and throws a Ballista Pro and loves it, why wouldn't they get some mileage out of it.

i just thought that all Rickys signature disc whould be Lat64 and all Paige whould be DD

I can see why the pros are liking this. It can take some power. I'll have to beat mine in before it flies anything as flippy as my regular Ballista. Handled light/moderate wind like a champ. 400'+ throwers might be able to get one to flip in headwind but I think with clean hyzer they should be able to keep them straight.

Was never impressed with trilogy's latest offering of long d discs. Still thought the world and giant were better than the defender and others.

Have been seeing that the sponsored players are actually using this one.

Did they finally make a better destroyer?

I'd like to fill the gap between my Ballistas and my "normal plastic" Ballista Pros because I'm impatient. Which disc will be less overstable, a 171 Recycled Ballista Pro or a 158 Opto Air Ballista Pro?

I own a 171 Ball Pro in Recycled plastic, but I'm curious if picking up an Opto Air version would have any merit. If not, then I guess I can be content to beat in the Recycled disc. I tried the Snow-Line Ballista too...that was pretty much the stability I wanted as halfway between regular Ballistas and regular Ballista Pros, but for whatever reason it was far less glidey and consistently finished 20' short of my other drivers. I also am not interested in trying any more molds for now...really just interested in finding either the most stable Ballista or least stable Ballista Pro.

TIA.

The Air B Pro is actually quite HSS

given the weight it's easier/easy to throw than a heavier version

personally I'd suggest the 171 Recycled...it will be less likely to give you timing issues given that it is in the normal weight range (assuming the rest of your bag is typical "max weight" type discs)

Yeah, I typically bag drivers in the 166-172 range. You're probably right, I'm likely better off just working in the Recycled disc.

I'm just so darn impatient though, even though *logically* I know that's what is best for me. :\

I'd like to fill the gap between my Ballistas and my "normal plastic" Ballista Pros because I'm impatient. Which disc will be less overstable, a 171 Recycled Ballista Pro or a 158 Opto Air Ballista Pro?

I own a 171 Ball Pro in Recycled plastic, but I'm curious if picking up an Opto Air version would have any merit. If not, then I guess I can be content to beat in the Recycled disc. I tried the Snow-Line Ballista too...that was pretty much the stability I wanted as halfway between regular Ballistas and regular Ballista Pros, but for whatever reason it was far less glidey and consistently finished 20' short of my other drivers. I also am not interested in trying any more molds for now...really just interested in finding either the most stable Ballista or least stable Ballista Pro.

TIA.

I just got a 172 or so Ballista Pro in recycled plastic and it's great. Sits perfectly between my Opto Bally Pro and beat Opto Ballista. It's a 2019 Tyyni stamp disc, has nice gradual dome.

I just got a 172 or so Ballista Pro in recycled plastic and it's great. Sits perfectly between my Opto Bally Pro and beat Opto Ballista. It's a 2019 Tyyni stamp disc, has nice gradual dome.

Yeah, mine has worked in a little bit over the last two weeks and I'm pretty happy with it. It saw a little concrete street love (once intentionallly because the line required a hyzer skip shot off the road, and once definitely NOT intentionally) which accelerated the break-in period. I'm content with this driver setup:

Opto Ballista Pro / Recycled Ballista Pro / beat-in Moonshine Ballista / Plasma Wave

Might throw a Trespass or Photon in the bag on occasion if the weather or course layout demand it, but otherwise I think I'm set.

Latest posts