• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Banned by the Trilogy, but I still throw their plastic!

As I see it, I'm going to end up with just one mold out of the Truth/Warship/Mace. The Truth has the huge advantage thanks to the more familiar profile.

I don't think the warship belongs in the workhorse mid battle. I use it for straight shots with small fade, and smooth, shallow annies & hyzers; often when the shot's height is limited by overhanging branches -- the warship has tremendous glide. It really isn't a straight to fade (or flex) disc like the truth & mace (and suspect).

I don't think the warship belongs in the workhorse mid battle. I use it for straight shots with small fade, and smooth, shallow annies & hyzers; often when the shot's height is limited by overhanging branches -- the warship has tremendous glide. It really isn't a straight to fade (or flex) disc like the truth & mace (and suspect).

Interesting. I'm certainly not going to shelve it and forget it. I'm going to spend some time to see what it can do. If I find that it has utility in other roles, I'll certainly consider keeping it in the bag.

I find it strange the ONLY company not to realize this is Dynamic Discs; Lat and Westside themselves appear to want nothing to do with that page (and their middle aged dictator). That page has done more to turn people off from the 'Trilogy' than any bad advertisement possibly could.

I'd call it more of an Overbearing, Let'sPatEachOtherOnTheBack, EverybodyElseSucks kinda club.

I find it strange the ONLY company not to realize this is Dynamic Discs; Lat and Westside themselves appear to want nothing to do with that page (and their middle aged dictator). That page has done more to turn people off from the 'Trilogy' than any bad advertisement possibly could.

There is a thread in the landfill that discusses that group but I'll say this here since it's been brought up. I'm not an admin of that fan page but I do read it at times. Latitude players and company people do give answers to questions there. Perhaps you haven't seen that interaction but it would be false to say they want nothing to do with it. I don't know what you mean by DD doesn't realize this but I haven't seen any issues at all since I last spoke to an employee of DD about the fan page and some negative comments people here had. It's a fan page not ran by them or any of the companies in any way. They simply don't have the right to say how it's ran.

People fail to remember that's a nickname that no one came up with from those companies. It's simply been embraced for the challenge and fan team put together by some of the fan page admins. I read a couple different groups and I honestly don't see much difference in them anymore. People have their favorites and brand loyalties. I could understand if it was a general disc golf discussion group taken over by their fans but it's not. Anyone who joins should expect it's going to be talk about those companies and if they choose to make it about only that then that is there right as the founders of the page. Like I've always said, if you want a place to talk about everything disc golf there is nothing saying a person can't create that group. I think a lot of people just found a active one for these companies and decided they should be able to use it as a general disc golf group and that's not what they created it for.

The mentality of the actions shouldn't be foreign to anyone here. Plenty of innova, mvp, dd, etc loyalists and the threads about those discs read as such.

Last edited:
Lol. I like it, I might start a side project and do the same. I have a few ZH Maces and GL Rivers to start with lol

Yeah, it was a really fun side project to take on last year. It kind of felt like getting back to the early days of playing when I was looking for brand new discs to fill different shots. Now I have so many, I can just find something in my basement to fill just about any role.

Update

Now that we're finally getting some nice weather, I had a chance to get out and give this bag a few test runs. So far, it's going really well, I'm playing very well with it. Here are some quick thoughts:

Putters

Pures are awesome. It didn't take long to knock the winter rust off my putting game. I can drive, approach, and putt with them. They might even knock Challengers out of my main bag.

Mids

I've always been a fan of the Fuse. The Suspect is awesome. I just got a Moonshine and a Lucid Verdict to test out. The Moonshine definitely fills a nice role in this bag and may even see some time in my main bag.

I'm really doing well with the Truth, but it has competition. The Warship is really starting to surprise me. For one, it can really bomb for a midrange. And it carves out some really nice lines.

Fairways

I've always liked the River, and the Stag is showing that it's a nice stable compliment.

Drivers

The Renegade is awesome. Bio gives me a nice turn and Lucid holds a dead straight line with a nice fade. This disc is now my go to distance driver for RHBH shots both in this bag and my main bag.

I just got a Fuzion Trespass to test out. I'm really liking it for long forehands.

I also just picked up a Sorcerer to test out as well. Haven't had enough throws with it to get a feel for it yet.

For most holes and conditions with distance 310 to 350 is a Escape. To a degree the shot shape required will drive the plastic type (bio, etc.) decision.

A Trespass/Renegade combo make up my drivers.

The Northman is a curious disc. A VIP has been in and out of my bag.

I really enjoy throwing the Pain as well. The Pain slot in my main bag is currently taken by a M2.

In tight long wooded holes, I will hyzer flip a beat in GL Stryker or GL River.

For most holes and conditions with distance 310 to 350 is a Escape. To a degree the shot shape required will drive the plastic type (bio, etc.) decision.

A Trespass/Renegade combo make up my drivers.

The Northman is a curious disc. A VIP has been in and out of my bag.

I really enjoy throwing the Pain as well. The Pain slot in my main bag is currently taken by a M2.

In tight long wooded holes, I will hyzer flip a beat in GL Stryker or GL River.

The Escape didn't work well for me. It has too much early turn and late fade. Most of my play in the woods doesn't have enough space for this. The River and Stag seem to be working well in that slot though.

The Trespass and Renegade are awesome. I find the Northman overlaps with the Renegade a lot. It's one or the other, not both.

I've tried the Pain, never really got along with it. The Verdict and Suspect are much better for me in that slot.

Latest posts