• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Banned from a private course resulting from a review on this site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were I the reviewer whose banishment prompted this thread, I think I'd edit my review to add to the Cons:

"If you write a critical review of this course, may get banned from it. I was."

i thought about this, but didnt want to stir the pot further. morgan is a little to unstable as is.

when you have 3 reviews that come before your, cdavis, softball, and sloppy that are written by novalist, is it really necessary to add a fourth novel? all i was really doing was pointing out the things that i had not read in previous reviews. so yes people that have weak ankles may find that maybe they dont want to play such a course. people like my GF cant seem to throw a disc if there is gnat near her. ive got to imagine that place is hmming with bugs in the spring.
but how can someone be critical of me when they write, " baskets are in excellent shape" how helpful. Another gem being "Then you must get over the creek and throw into the woods towards the basket. As some would say, AWESOMESAUCE!" wtf?! are we off to see the wizard?

i truly do fully understand the hard work that comes into designing and up keeping a course. i do appreciate the efforts put forth by all persons involved in hyzer creek which far exceeds morgan. i stand by my review and still do think it was a GOOD course, just not GREAT

Last edited:
Thanks for chiming in Jake. This is exactly what I got from the review. I understand the owner wanting higher ratings, but, he should invite you back and see if he can improve your opinion. Banning is lame. If you were to go back and find better conditions (whatever they might be) you could raise the rating you gave it. Back to the restaraunt analogy, "Give us a chasnce to do better."

Censorship is such a dangerous precedent.
Unless the review consists of nothing but gibberish and curse words, I don't understand the desire to silence a critic.

This. Amen. Preach brother.

A course I made was bashed a little in reviews but it was justified because the park didn't cut the grass before it opened. I took it upon myself to cut the grass and brush hog with my own equipment and invited the reviewers to give it another shot. They did and most really dug the course. No name calling or banishment bs but if someone came to my private course and trashed the place they would not be welcome back because I worked my butt off for 7 yrs to get it where it is today. No ban but they better think twice before showing their mug around here.

Good to hear from you!

i thought about this, but didnt want to stir the pot further. morgan is a little to unstable as is.

when you have 3 reviews that come before your, cdavis, softball, and sloppy that are written by novalist, is it really necessary to add a fourth novel? all i was really doing was pointing out the things that i had not read in previous reviews. so yes people that have weak ankles may find that maybe they dont want to play such a course. people like my GF cant seem to throw a disc if there is gnat near her. ive got to imagine that place is hmming with bugs in the spring.
but how can someone be critical of me when they write, " baskets are in excellent shape" how helpful. Another gem being "Then you must get over the creek and throw into the woods towards the basket. As some would say, AWESOMESAUCE!" wtf?! are we off to see the wizard?

i truly do fully understand the hard work that comes into designing and up keeping a course. i do appreciate the efforts put forth by all persons involved in hyzer creek which far exceeds morgan. i stand by my review and still do think it was a GOOD course, just not GREAT

I get that. And thanks for coming in and speaking up. I really think you should go back to Hyzer Creek when you can and play it again. Then update your review as you see fit. I'm sure you and the owner can work something out.

I do think doing a novel as you called it or a complete review is fine even if there are other good ones there. Courses change. He has changed a few holes since my review so a newer, complete review would be more useful than my old one.

And I should update mine, but I played with a local, and didn't pay attention enough or take notes, so my update would suck. I'll just try to get back again sometime.

By the way, Maple Hill, Sugaree, Holler in the Hills and Harmon Hills (RIP) are all excellent courses, and none of them have consistent tee pads., for whatever that is worth. :(

By the way, Maple Hill, Sugaree, Holler in the Hills and Harmon Hills (RIP) are all excellent courses, and none of them have consistent tee pads., for whatever that is worth. :(

On this specific, I still think it's a worthy of mention as a "con". Mention it, and readers can decide how much or little it matters to them.

I still for one would realy like to play this course if I can ever make a trip out that way. And given sloppydisc's willingness to defend the owner and the course I think I would like to have him guide me around out there. For that mater, I just added it to my wish list :D. And while I don't think a 3 is nececaraly bashing a course, it is a bit low for the average, and I could understand the owner being upset over it as he has probably put alot of hours into making this course his dream course. I would think if you read the previous reviews and it doesn't sound like your cup of tea, why go there in the first place? Isn't this why timg made this site, to help people find courses that they would like to play?

P.S. What's with the ton's of thumbs up this guy has gotten over his review? One that I didn't find to be that good. As I read through the previous reviews I found many more, much more worthy of my :thmbup:.

and after ALLLL this BS, look who shows up unannounced(on the right) to play a C-Tier............Thanks EMC !

255549_474903845867810_1554182537_n.jpg

I still for one would realy like to play this course if I can ever make a trip out that way. And given sloppydisc's willingness to defend the owner and the course I think I would like to have him guide me around out there. For that mater, I just added it to my wish list :D. And while I don't think a 3 is nececaraly bashing a course, it is a bit low for the average, and I could understand the owner being upset over it as he has probably put alot of hours into making this course his dream course. I would think if you read the previous reviews and it doesn't sound like your cup of tea, why go there in the first place? Isn't this why timg made this site, to help people find courses that they would like to play?

P.S. What's with the ton's of thumbs up this guy has gotten over his review? One that I didn't find to be that good. As I read through the previous reviews I found many more, much more worthy of my :thmbup:.

In my defense I was more attacking the actual written review. I have met the owner twice. I don't really know him at all. But it is a good course, and the review wasn't top notch. The difference in opinions is probably due to the expectations and just personal preference. Sure the Teepads aren't perfect, but I haven't played a private course that I think had 'perfect' pads.

DGCR meet at Hyzer Creek. Let's settle this on the course.

The written review wasn't that bad. I read through terrible reviews on this site every day. Classic example of Hometown mentality. If you don't want real feedback, take your course off the list.

In my defense I was more attacking the actual written review. I have met the owner twice. I don't really know him at all. But it is a good course, and the review wasn't top notch. The difference in opinions is probably due to the expectations and just personal preference. Sure the Tee pads aren't perfect, but I haven't played a private course that I think had 'perfect' pads.

DGCR meet at Hyzer Creek. Let's settle this on the course.

I hear what you are saying about some of the arguments that the guy made in the review being stupid (challenging is not a con ), and the only place that he used the shift key was for when he put "NY". I'm with you on wondering why so many people have given that review a :thmbup:.It's sad to think that this guy might become a TR just becuese a bunch of people wanted to hate on the course owner.

Personally my favorite 2 courses both have natural tee pads, so I don't think that makes a big difference in my ratings of a course. I judge courses on their design not their amenities. I might downgrade a course on it's tee pads if they are unplayable, but just being natural doesn't take anything away from a course. I would love to play a meet at Hyzer Creek, if it wasn't 3000+ miles away...

I'll do my duty and start a new positive thread derived for this mess. Look for the I consistent tee pad thread in course design. Let's hear from real course owners and designers.

Wow... Still being B.S'd about....

No sh!t. I can't believe this is still on top. The course owner sounds like he needs a Midol for that cramping and irritability. I've never played the course and if I was going to, I found the review pretty useful and not at all bad. Still sounds like a place I would like to play.

I designed and built a course in NC. And I want more people to review it. But only really, really good reviews. Only 4+ stars for me. Anything less and I will ban you!

Oh, wait. It's in a public park. OK, no one gets banned.

Seriously, I welcome any and all to play and review my course. Thank you to all that had taken the time to write a review. It really is cool to be included on a site like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts