• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Barry Schultz?!?

I wouldn't quite put Barry out to pasture just yet. He had 13 wins in the Open Division in 2016 and only played in one event as a Master (which he also won).

http://www.pdga.com/player/6840

Barry has 210 career wins which is amazing at any age. Kenny has 221 and Elaine King has 226.

Is there anyone with more PDGA wins than Elaine?

Wouldn't shock me if all three actually have more wins than that (no guess on who actually has more). While the PDGA has done a ton of work digitizing years worth of old paper tournament results, I guarantee there is missing data that is probably lost forever.

Schwebby got over the hump this year and is sitting at 205 now. If his back holds up, he plays more than any of the other old school guys and I would imagine he'll overtake the all time wins by next year sometime. Given, some of his wins are smaller Carolina tournaments, but some of them are huge (like US Masters) and it's still a great accomplishment.

Having Barry move in and join him and MJ in Carolina a few years back and watching the battles between those guys has been a real treat. Bravo to the old guard for holding it down. :clap:

1034 at almost 47 years old, you serious?! :hfive:

Last edited:
Interesting to see that he's signed up for Nick Hyde, I wonder if he will do some more traveling this year?

Side note: I once handed him a $1000 check for winning the A-tier I ran in 08 or 09. It was a pretty cool moment for me.

Most important, he's always available to spot in bigger Charlotte Am Events. Thats the part most pro's miss...giving back.

^^ THIS!!

I will always remember Barry telling me I had the best shot of the tournament he'd seen on hole 18 at Nevin. He's spotting numerous times for us old guy ams in Charlotte. I wish I could take him with me as I always seem to throw good when he is watching.

I beat him in league once. Was the only time I played on his card. Pretty cool to say I'm 1-0 against a world champ.

Barry's one heck of a great player. I shot this video of him quite a while back; lots of great advice in there!

He is great, but the pre-Barry Leo's are worth more...:p

I'm fortunate enough to have one of those, a good friend knew how much I like Leopards and was kind enough to trade me one. Flat as a pancake, still reasonably stable after many years of usage, pearly and very grippy for champ plastic.

Great forehand disc too, and easily my favorite fairway driver in my bag.

The incredible thing wasn't just the 10 hole playoff, it was the last four holes of the tournament too. Barry tied it with a bird on 15, then on 16 he laid down a perfect roller to get himself really close on a tough hole to reach. Sure enough, Kenny put down a roller of his own that ended up just as close.

Barry finished that tournament with 14 birdies in a row. And he had to because Kenny made 12 in a row himself. Still the most intense sporting moment I've ever had the pleasure of witnessing in person.

Barry is incredible. I lived in NC for four years after having learned to play DG in Iowa. I almost gave up on DG because of all the damn trees down there. My disdain for trees gives me an appreciation of Barry's superb ability to shred wooded courses.

Could never understand why he relocated to NC. I mean come on who wouldn't want to golf in Wi., full time.. Har. Har... No I love the upper midwest and understand that a touring player has to go south.

But yeah never read his bio on what else his life is about. With out getting into his personal life it would be nice to know more about what makes him click without being too nosy.

Stradle put champion is what I think of him the most. I think he really put that on the map as style works!

Barry is incredible. I lived in NC for four years after having learned to play DG in Iowa. I almost gave up on DG because of all the damn trees down there. My disdain for trees gives me an appreciation of Barry's superb ability to shred wooded courses.
Haha trees are what make it fun

Interesting to see that he's signed up for Nick Hyde, I wonder if he will do some more traveling this year?

Side note: I once handed him a $1000 check for winning the A-tier I ran in 08 or 09. It was a pretty cool moment for me.

Yup. I am very excited to be helping out at the Nick Hyde this year and hoping to meet him.

Barry consistently looks super stoned.

giphy.gif

Latest posts