• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Basket for the house, Mach III oorrr....?

Mach III at $330? I hope you've already bought it. If not... what's this guy's number?

Yep! It will be mine fairly soon.

Also guys, if you have or know of any used good baskets for a good price let me know, I'm looking to replace all my shotty Mach Lites.

Good luck with your backyard course!
Is that a wooden basket in your avatar? Reminds me of the ones they have at Grayling Rotary - Pine Knoll / Hanson Hills:
5ea172fd.jpg

id consider whatever brand you end up playing on the most in your area, regardless of price. i got an innova discatcher pro and its great but every course in my area uses dga and its a little bit of a mental thing for me seeing the different chain spacing and even the outline of the basket itself. dialing in my putting at home then seems foreign at the course.

id consider whatever brand you end up playing on the most in your area, regardless of price. i got an innova discatcher pro and its great but every course in my area uses dga and its a little bit of a mental thing for me seeing the different chain spacing and even the outline of the basket itself. dialing in my putting at home then seems foreign at the course.

That's part of my problem actually. McNaughten and Eureka have Mach III, ICC, Washington, Bradley Park and Northwoods Park have DisCatchers, Megiddo at Westwood has Mach V, and Marquette Heights has a mix....all within 30 mins of my house lol

I'll probably eventually get a more permanent one for the backyard, but I love my innova traveling basket. I've taken it all kinds of places that I would never have thought to play disc golf with a basket that fits Into a lawn chair size bag. It's excellent for a backyard setting because you can move it around for various reasons without much effort. But I understand the vast advantage to having a higher quality basket to practice on.

I'll probably eventually get a more permanent one for the backyard, but I love my innova traveling basket. I've taken it all kinds of places that I would never have thought to play disc golf with a basket that fits Into a lawn chair size bag. It's excellent for a backyard setting because you can move it around for various reasons without much effort. But I understand the vast advantage to having a higher quality basket to practice on.

Yep! I have one too but my new house has 7 acres, timber with a wide open fairway-ish grass area....I want something more substantial that can hold up to drivers, mids, etc. Plus its a bit anticlimactic to hear a flop instead of a crisp CHING lol

Yep! I have one too but my new house has 7 acres, timber with a wide open fairway-ish grass area....I want something more substantial that can hold up to drivers, mids, etc. Plus its a bit anticlimactic to hear a flop instead of a crisp CHING lol

Lol - I have to say that this is important. I have 2 homemade basket with rope/hose "chains" that do catch very well. Today I happened to nail a 250' shot dead center chains with a line drive hyzer flip. I didn't even hear it hit...and with as fast as it was traveling that one would have been REALLY loud and rewarding.

Lol - I have to say that this is important. I have 2 homemade basket with rope/hose "chains" that do catch very well. Today I happened to nail a 250' shot dead center chains with a line drive hyzer flip. I didn't even hear it hit...and with as fast as it was traveling that one would have been REALLY loud and rewarding.

Lmao that would suck to not hear it! nice shot though :)

Awesome man, well whatever you choose, it's going to be awesome. Make sure it's still a portable basket though that can Just be staked down. All I know is, with 7 acres, you better have a dgcr gathering so we can all play haha

Lol I wish! its a very unique 7 acres. Alot of it is heavily wooded ravines too steep to play. The rest is good for play though ...grass with a row of Pines next to flat woods so makes for a cool lane to throw. A good mix of trees that line the yard with smaller ravines to throw over. Also a 260 foot wide open grass, good for testing out new mids and putters. Wish it was all playable but can't really complain.

Latest posts