• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Basket for the house, Mach III oorrr....?

Gdragon04

Birdie Member
Hey guys. Been quite a while since I posted on dgcoursereview....

My new house has some acreage and timber, so I'm wanting a few baskets out there. I have two DGA Mach Lites, but I want a pro-level basket basket.

A guy offered me a brand new in-box DGA Mach III with portable base, and comes with in-ground sleeve as well for $330. I haven't really been in the big-boy basket market long, but that seems like a solid price compared to DGA's website and Amazon.

Do you think I should get that? Or do you think it would be worth the extra $ to get a Mach V, 28-chain Innova, Chainstar, etc etc? I don't mind the Mach III but I don't think its my favorite....I just think passing up $330 or even $360 for a brand new Mach III would be foolish.

What do you guys think? What would you do...and why? :|

...and why? :| lol

I'm looking for a PDGA approved target, and the trays on the Titan look super shallow on their website....but pics on courses they look almost too wide and deep.

Last edited:
That's a heck of a good price. If you happen to like that basket, I'd pull the trigger.

...and why? :| lol

I'm looking for a PDGA approved target, and the trays on the Titan look super shallow on their website....but pics on courses they look almost too wide and deep.

Good deal on the Mach III, I'd jump on it.

I believe the permanent install titans and the portables are a bit different. I'm happy with my portable Titan but my portable Mach III is a much better basket, features a solid pole and isn't designed to be easily broken down while the Titan pulls apart with no tools. The result is the Mach III is much more solid while the Titan is a little bit loose in comparison. Portable Titans might not even be in stock right now?

I'd jump on it too. Mach IIIs are some of my favorites. They catch pretty damn well for not having rows of chains.

I believe the permanent install titans and the portables are a bit different. I'm happy with my portable Titan but my portable Mach III is a much better basket, features a solid pole and isn't designed to be easily broken down while the Titan pulls apart with no tools. The result is the Mach III is much more solid while the Titan is a little bit loose in comparison. Portable Titans might not even be in stock right now?

"I recommend taking a look at the Liberty basket for the price"

Giles

Looks like im gonna pick it up then!:)

I am surprised however that there hasn't been any opinions on Mach V, Chainstars, or Innovas. Maybe that's a good sign.

Didn't realize the portable Titans were like that. The permanent Titans are the most solidly built baskets I've ever played. They have a nice, deep basket as well.

Didn't realize the portable Titans were like that. The permanent Titans are the most solidly built baskets I've ever played. They have a nice, deep basket as well.

Yeah....if you look up Gateway Titan on Google Images it shows some that have huge deep thick trays....others are really thin shallow cheesy trays.

Ive heard nothing but good things about the Chainstars but I don't know if its worth another $100 over a Mach III

"I recommend taking a look at the Liberty basket for the price"

Giles

Not in love my liberty. For some reason it doesn't seem to catch as well as that chain configuration should. And a Galvanized basket is always a better purchase over painted steel.

If you have the equipment and can weld, try building your own. Metal is pretty cheap, the chains will be the most expensive part. I'm about 30% done with the first one Ive tried to build. Soon as i get tome i'll finish it pretty quick.

If you have the equipment and can weld, try building your own. Metal is pretty cheap, the chains will be the most expensive part. I'm about 30% done with the first one Ive tried to build. Soon as i get tome i'll finish it pretty quick.

Ive already thought about trying that, but I already have enough hobbies as it is so I dont have that much free time to tinker with something like that. Sounds cool, send me pics of the finished product :thmbup:

Latest posts