• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone find Discs Getting Expensive?

Don't forget, DG makers are spending more on player sponsorships than ever before. Moar players making moar money. Reminds me of basketball shoes.

Plus, the influx of new new players (casual and otherwise) in the post covid world has changed the landscape and business model quite a bit.

I have no real data or evidence to support my next statement, but "observationally speaking" (and admittedly judging many books just by their covers): When I started playing, it seemed the low cost of entry was particularly attractive to a lot of players. When I go to a course today, there seem to be more players with a bit more discretionary income.

While discs have gotten pricier over the past few years, so has pretty much every thing else. 🫤

Not that I can't afford to buy new discs, but maybe I should be glad I accumulated a decent amount of plastic when I did.

Reality is, if you're taking trips to bag courses around the country, the cost of discs is a relatively small consideration.

Last edited:
Yes I do.

I spend about $600 a month on Disc Golf. But then that is pretty much the only thing I do when not working.

Oh, that is on gas and food on my days off. That does not include how much it costs me to take a day off work.