• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Batting the cycle!!??

threej21

Birdie Member
So this past weekend at a B Tier, something happened to me that I do not believe has ever happened to me. And it got me wondering how many others have "batted the cycle"....

This was a 3 round tournament, and during the first round, I almost ACE'd a par 3, 225 ft hole. I hit the cage and fell right next to the basket for an easy Birdie. In the second round, I pure'd the exact same line as the previous round, but it was a touch higher, and slammed in for the ACE!! Then in the final round, I dinked my birdie putt and got a par.

So over the 3 rounds I managed a 1 (eagle), 2 (birdie), and 3 (par). I considered this "batting the cycle".

Meaningless really, but it tickled my fancy!

So, anyone else ever do something similar in a tournament?

Meaningless really, but it tickled my fancy!

So, anyone else ever do something similar in a tournament?

Jason Steffen (PDGA #4113), at a PDGA tourney in Des Moines, once got each score 1-9 at least once during an 18 hole round. I believe the 8 was the only contrived one.

My first year playing, I went to a fun tourney at Englewood (Dayton), and started the first round clanking a par putt (4), deucing the next hole (2), par my third hole (3), and had my very first tourney ace on the fourth hole of the day (1). Pretty memorable, and I remember swearing to myself that I wasn't taking a (5) on the next hole! (actually ran off a stretch of 3's after the ace...) :)

Jason Steffen (PDGA #4113), at a PDGA tourney in Des Moines, once got each score 1-9 at least once during an 18 hole round. I believe the 8 was the only contrived one.

Jeremy Koling hit all scores 1-7 at Ashe County Park in a PDGA tourney a few years ago.

^^ HAHAHA that's Good stuff Todd. I also think there is video...

Well, now that I look back, I did hit 1-6 in the tourney. But guess I found it more interesting that I hit 1-3 on one hole!

i feel like batting for the cycle would be better compared to hitting a 50-100 ft long putt, a 100-300 ft upshot field ace, and an ace off a tee box all in the same round. Thats about how rare the cycle is in baseball..

I have never done this. Just wanted to mention that I love thread titles with excessive punctuation. :|

My first ace was in a club singles round, the other players on the card shot a birdie, a par and a bogie.

Our card was 1, 2, 3, 4

Latest posts