• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Beadless OS mids

the beadless gators are still around but rarely see them. that would be first choice but the zone is really nice...it is a midrange of sorts...and you get the added windy day putter, flick upshot with control. Also no bead were the gator has the tiniest of micro beads.

I'm currently using an HPP Blaze. Pure beef and it sticks the landing.

I was going to suggest this. Way too over stable for me, but keeping in the backup boxes for when my arm gets "up to speed."

The Hornet does have a bead, fyi.

not really.. it's more of a faux bead.
IMG_7216__77674_zoom.jpg

Apparently size does matter. :D

You can clearly see the bead where the light hits the disc below the weight sticker.

The Trident is more of a fairway driver than a mid. The Blaze is a borderline mid...almost fairway driver.

If you are looking for a fairly beefy non-beaded mid, I would recommend a Drone, Zone or Demon. Also, the E-Warrior from Gateway is a pretty beefy mid, but has a micro bead similar to the hornet.

I really like the Star Cro if you're looking for something w/o a ton of glide. Also, as has been stated earlier, the beadless Star Gator is a great disc...pretty beefy...but hard to find. I'm glad I've got one! :D

With so many Zone recommendations, I gotta mention the Jokeri....the Rhyno w/ wings!

Not as OS, but still plenty beefy.

Premium plastic is very similar to MVP Protons (between soft and medium)

Last time I checked, Kinetic had a yellow star beadless gator sitting on the shelf. It's ~167g from what I remember. I would have bought it if it were blue...

EDIT: I'm also about to list my 170g Red Beadless Gator on the marketplace. I don't know what price is fair on them, though.

*Remembers Trident sitting in the garage* :doh:

Thanks for the education, everyone. I couldn't tell by some of the photos on Disc Outfitters what had beads and what didn't, so it is much appreciated. I'll try the Trident for a bit, and maybe pick up a Zone or Demon at some point. Demon just sounds cool.

Tridents are wicked overstable. Hated losing mine, and my Pain didn't fill that spot for long. I am going without right now, but when I find a good deal on a Trident I am going to snatch it up.

I'll reiterate, stick with your Trident for a while since you already have it, decide on your own what role it fills, then move to something else if it doesn't fill the spot you need. For most people who throw under 350'-400', it fills a mid slot. Also, whatever micro bead a Hornet might have, it might as well not exist to me, because I threw one for 4+ months and never noticed it until this thread.

Tridents are wicked overstable. Hated losing mine, and my Pain didn't fill that spot for long. I am going without right now, but when I find a good deal on a Trident I am going to snatch it up.

Disc Outfitters might have some and they would be cheap since the are going out of business

If Trident skips too much you might also want to check out a Blaze. A great overlooked disc. Very overstable, but doesn't skip as bad as the trident.

Another vote here for the Zone/Trident combo. Takes care of every overstable/"get out of trouble" shot I need that's not in big driver range.

Hornet is a good one, but sometimes goes straighter than I want. Anymore, I just put hyzer on a Buzzz, or throw a Rhyno if I need it to sit.

I searched for a long time for an OS mid

tried all sorts...the last one being the Hornet

then I just started throwing my Zone more

I don't throw the Hornet anymore

the question is how OS do you want it?

very? Trident/Whippet

not very? Cro, Nebula

in the middle there are a number including the Hornet, Gator, Demon but like many others I'm going to suggest the Zone

Latest posts