• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Beadless Overstable Midrange

bombproof

I am looking for recommendations for a beadless overstable midrange. Something that I can trust in the wind and will not easily flip when thrown hard. Something with more distance than the Zone but with about that kind of stability. I had been using a wasp but as I've been working on my release I've noticed that I don't get clean released with beaded discs. Both fan grip and forehand. I'm open to any manufacturer. Let me know what you think is the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kastaplast Kaxe; it isn't as OS as a zone but it is very hard for me to flip even in a headwind.

I'd suggest the quake also. Sits perfectly between a zone and a drone (faster zone flight imo)

As you like Discraft plastic, might want to look at a Buzzz OS.

How fast would you like it to be? A2 is a great answer but I think it's about the same speed as the Zone.

M1 is pretty good, but you need to get 400 plastic, the base plastic ones are super straight.

Yikun Yao is another good option, but only marginally faster than the Zone.

If you want a real left field option I've been tossing around a Lauch DG Code X recently and it's a pretty good option. Only in plastic that is similar to BT medium right now, but very nice.

Pyro.

A tick faster than your Zone and for me travels a little bit further than an approach putter. Enough where it's reasonable to carry both. Reliably stable, handles torque and force overs well. Flat and beadless, feels good in my hand for FH and BH.

Not a freak in stability like a Justice but definitely OS.

Anyone have any experience with the Mint Bobcat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i was just coming here to suggest it. its consistently os but its a workable os mid, beadless and sort of small/medium in size. longer than a zone but not as long as a wasp unless you have the power to get it out there but its still more high speed stable compared to the wasp.

if you like champion/z plastic - grab an eternal - the 2nd runs are board flat and kind of firm
if you like star/esp plastic - grab an apex - just like the eternal in stability and feel but will break in a little faster than eternal.

Since we're spitballing, how about a Westside Anvil. It's sort of like a beadless Justice but not quite as beefy. I have a garbage forehand and I've always been able to throw an Anvil cleanly. It reminds me a bit of a longer Zone.

I agree with a couple of other posters, Quake is an excellent choice for this slot

Quake, Anvil, and Runway is what I'd suggest. Deflector is ok too.

Latest posts