• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Beadless Overstable Midrange

I was eying that one actually. Mostly because I've been wanting an excuse to try Kastaplast.

I've only ever owned and thrown one, but my K1 Kaxe Z is not remotely an overstable disc. I'd liken it to a faster and longer EMac Truth or a slower and slightly flippier TeeBird3. In terms of flight, not feel.

I am looking for recommendations for a beadless overstable midrange. Something that I can trust in the wind and will not easily flip when thrown hard. Something with more distance than the Zone but with about that kind of stability. I had been using a wasp but as I've been working on my release I've noticed that I don't get clean released with beaded discs. Both fan grip and forehand. I'm open to any manufacturer. Let me know what you think is the best.

Sometimes a single disc pops into my mind when I read the thread title. Sometimes a different disc pops into my mind when I read the post's description of what is desired. This is a case when both are the same.

Get a Drone.

Seriously. The only issue these days is Discraft's backup in manufacturing. But the Drones I've thrown exactly match what you want.

I want to recommend the BuzzzOS but have to say I only use it FH. It is that absurd kind of overstable for me BH.

All these recommendations for a Drone, I forgot I had this. Maybe this should go back it the bag.
51843d72729716894af1e4c326f94b70.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the Anvil suggestions.

I'll also add the Caiman to the mix. People say it's just a beadless Gator, but I've found it's a little less stable and flies farther than a Gator. I would recommend Star plastic.

Try a Streamline Runway, it flies like a longer zone for me. Great for forehand and backhand