• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bear Creek Drama

Ya and Rick had a disc store and own brand but still ran off. Just cause he hit 1k in aces doesnt mean he isnt a douche. Not that he is but you never know.

Rick said the standard for fleecing the disc golf community. Did you play the last tourney he ran in Nacadoches where he promised payout thru vouchers at his online store and then promptly disappeared from the face of the planet? what a DB :D

Yep. Me and about 50 others I guess

Sad thing about that POS is that I was friends with the guy and even stayed at his house in Houston when we travled down that way. Talked to him for about 6 months after that before he changed his numbers and moved away to nevernever land. He was having troubles with his rent houses is why he stiffed everyone and vowed to make it right......Oh well. Thats why I could believe that this Ken guy could do this because I have seen weirder before but you never know maybe this guy has a good reason

Dont they say this every year that they're going to pull Bear Creek

one year right before a tournament something like 13 of the holes had the chain hangers and baskets stolen. So I'm thinking someone either build a priveate coures or some homeowners figured they would take it out themselves.

?04 poison ivy open?

Yep. Me and about 50 others I guess

yeah, i was there also. the year before i got to know him when he did the plastic payout for the VPO. He seemed really well intentioned and was interested in building links between Houston and DFW golf. But he had sort of a squirelly personality, sort of restless i guess, not uncommon in disc golf entrepeneurs. I wasnt totally shocked to hear what he did. I was kind of shocked at the scope of it. Someone will run in to him on accident one day and it wont end pretty.

So I just talked to someone in the know at Fritz and they have been hearing about this same issue for about a month now. Apparently Ken hasnt been to a Fritz mini in about that time also. Also their are some stories that indicate some shinanigans. I hope this is all just some misunderstanding, but I am told Ken is not answering at his number or returning phone calls. I guess we will see...In the meantime i hope you will reserve judgement on Ken until more is known. I know first hand the stress that can accumulate when you take on too much in the Disc Golf scene and sometimes people may need to just take some time away. Hopefully that is all this is....

Last edited:
Man that sounds familar. Sorry to all that got got

Seriously, the guy has probably pulled in a grand this year just off ace pots. No way he would throw that cash cow away for club memberships.

and Steve, he almost has a Yankee accent

Last night, they threw off at Bear Creek for the ace pot. He wasn't there for his own club's ace pot. Seems strange for a guy that hits a lot of ace pot money.

This is sad to here from a newbie like me that loves this course. played there the last 2 weekends.

I have never played a Tournament or a Mini (just a couple Ace Races) and a friend and I were planning on playing a doubles mini at BC soon. Does this mean no Mini's are going to be allowed at BC anymore?

This is sad to here from a newbie like me that loves this course. played there the last 2 weekends.

I have never played a Tournament or a Mini (just a couple Ace Races) and a friend and I were planning on playing a doubles mini at BC soon. Does this mean no Mini's are going to be allowed at BC anymore?

As of right now, yes.

Is Theth the little hispanic guy that sells discs? I've been wondering if he calls people back before selling their discs off that he finds.

And this is pretty ****ty to hear about. Then again, I'm not suprised. People out there are pretty shameless in their weed smoking and beer drinking. From what I can tell it is the very casual golfers and some other just straight up DB's but still...

So the next club president has to give some of the members his home address to avoid these shenanigans. Hopefully this all gets squared out. I've been contemplating a club in the Carrollton Porter or Greenbelt courses but haven't done anything about it.

Is Theth the little hispanic guy that sells discs? I've been wondering if he calls people back before selling their discs off that he finds.

And this is pretty ****ty to hear about. Then again, I'm not suprised. People out there are pretty shameless in their weed smoking and beer drinking. From what I can tell it is the very casual golfers and some other just straight up DB's but still...

Theth is Cambodian and he is not one of those pond diving scumbags that sell other peoples discs. He runs minis at Gateway (although they are on hold for now) he is an upstanding disc golf citiizen.

I dont guess Mike D would mind me posting this, in answer to your questions about the Bear Creek Mini. This course is on the verge of being pulled, more so than it ever has from what i am told.

> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Doug Evans" <[email protected]>
> To: "Mike DeVasher" <omitted>
> Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 7:39 AM
> Subject: Bear Creek Disc Golf
>
>
> Hello Mike. I met yesterday afternoon with two Council members, City
> Manager and Police Chief. There is pressure to close down the course. For
> now, the Police Department is going to monitor the course. Also, there will
> be no tournaments allowed for the time being. I will keep you posted on how
> things are going. Sorry about this but not much I can do. If you talk to
> disc golfers that use the course, please ask them to obey the laws. Thanks
> Mike. Doug
>
> Doug Evans, Director
> Grapevine Parks & Recreation Department
> 817-410-3120 (O)
> 817-992-9340 (cell)

You need to put a sign in the parking lot thanking all of your wonderful local dip$hits for the outstanding job they do on the course

You need to put a sign in the parking lot thanking all of your wonderful local dip$hits for the outstanding job they do on the course

Maybe we shoud take the baskets out for six months until all of the casuals think that its gone forever and then put it back in with a gate that only your PDGA number can unlock :D

yeah, they'll never climb the gate

well i wasnt being serious, but if they did put a gate at the end of the parking lot by the entrance, the only cars in the parking lot would be the legit ones, everyone parked in the neighborhood or on the access road would get towed or whatever...and since their is no fence around the park they would only have to walk around the gate ;)

Latest posts