• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bragging about my league

No opinion on R-Pro.
But if you happen to find old Ontario mold soft pro Rhynos that are stamped R-Pro...those are all garbage. Make sure you send them to me for proper disposal ;)

There are 4 ways to win at one of the leagues I regularly partake in.

(1) CTP: a disc from a collection of donated discs goes to the closest to pin drive on a predetermined hole. Buy in is 1$

(2) Birdie Pot: 6 random holes are preselected for the birdie pot. 50$ goes to the player that hits them all, which very rarely occurs. Otherwise, the player with the most birds wins 5$. In the instance of a tie, we do a quick playoff CTP between the tied players. Buy in is 1$

(3) Handicap: The TD averages the 3 most recent rounds to determine player handicaps. The winner, plus handicap if applicable, gets a free food voucher donated by local fast food restaurants. The handicap appeals to a broad spectrum of players, which helps bring all the boys, sometimes girls, to the yard. The entry fee is 3$

(4) Ace Pot: It's free with the entry fee. Our ace pot is always 50$ no matter what. If there are multiple aces by different players then it's split between them. Our is birdie pot is easily replenished between aces

Ovibously, the dollar amounts can be customized to build a club bankroll , but the ideas are sound. Ours is a handicap charity league, where the club covers entry fees if players decide to bring 3 cans of food for charity . A player paying 5$ or 2$ plus 3 cans of food, could potentially walk away with 100$ (ace pot+birdie pot), a disc, and a hot meal all in a single night.

There are 4 ways to win at one of the leagues I regularly partake in.

(1) CTP: a disc from a collection of donated discs goes to the closest to pin drive on a predetermined hole. Buy in is 1$

(2) Birdie Pot: 6 random holes are preselected for the birdie pot. 50$ goes to the player that hits them all, which very rarely occurs. Otherwise, the player with the most birds wins 5$. In the instance of a tie, we do a quick playoff CTP between the tied players. Buy in is 1$

(3) Handicap: The TD averages the 3 most recent rounds to determine player handicaps. The winner, plus handicap if applicable, gets a free food voucher donated by local fast food restaurants. The handicap appeals to a broad spectrum of players, which helps bring all the boys, sometimes girls, to the yard. The entry fee is 3$

(4) Ace Pot: It's free with the entry fee. Our ace pot is always 50$ no matter what. If there are multiple aces by different players then it's split between them. Our is birdie pot is easily replenished between aces

Ovibously, the dollar amounts can be customized to build a club bankroll , but the ideas are sound. Ours is a handicap charity league, where the club covers entry fees if players decide to bring 3 cans of food for charity . A player paying 5$ or 2$ plus 3 cans of food, could potentially walk away with 100$ (ace pot+birdie pot), a disc, and a hot meal all in a single night.

Some neat ideas here. We're already doing variations of 1, 2 and 4 but it's neat to hear how others are doing it. 3 I'm not sure I've ever heard of. That's really cool and I think I may try to do that soon.

No opinion on R-Pro.
But if you happen to find old Ontario mold soft pro Rhynos that are stamped R-Pro...those are all garbage. Make sure you send them to me for proper disposal ;)

Hey, I did that one time!

No opinion on R-Pro.

Send them to me first. I'm his acting QC director. I need to evaluate them all before he gets them.