• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Beast - Champ or DX

Jobuu

Well, I lost my 2nd Z Flash after about 1 or 2 outtings <sigh>

I'm looking for a similar disc to the beast but maybe a little less stable. I'm wondering if the DX beast would work for me. I used to buy mostly Discraft but now I dont care as long as the disc works for me.

Any suggestions?

tough call really, i guess it depends if you want something out of the box or if you don't mind breaking it in.

i would say the dx beast is probably a little more stable than the flash but the champion one is probably similar stability to the flash, but not quite as long.

i've found the flash breaks in really nicely after a few good tree hits. other discs i would compare in both distance and stability are the pro orc (when new) and the gateway s illusion (when broken in).

ah, posted a reply in a hurry this morning and didn't really read the question carefully enough...

the dx beast is more overstable than a champ beast. discs that are probably slightly less stable but similar...

champion valkyrie
champion viking
pro orc
x wildcat

Id say the Champion Valk is one thats less stable..
Actually the Valkyrie is labeled as a Less Stable version of the Beast on Innova's website.

Id also try a lighter beast...I actually have 4 that i carry in my bag..
2 champions, (175 and 167), and 2 Dx plastics (170 and 150)
My 175 beast doesnt turn understable at all really, But i mainly only use it on windy drives, and to sidearm....So that one never really turns over.
I pull the 150 out when i just wanna throw an easy shot and get some good distance, but dont wanna put a lotta effort out. Anyways, The 150 usually always turns over some...

ALmost just as much as my valk...The more power i try to put into the lighter beast, the more it turns over...
So maybe thats another option..Thats a reason i carry 4 or so for different situations