• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Beast, Old mold vs. new mold

Thinking about picking up one or two of these "new old mold" champion beasts. Question is - how do I know that it is the "new old mold" vs. the "new mold". Different stamp? Someone mentioned they have a new layout similar to the Thunderbird? Any guidance is appreciated.

Now that the 03 mold is available again, I took out one of my old dx beasts (I don't like throwing OOP) Forgot how much I love them.

so..... has anyone thrown the "new old beasts"?? very curious :popcorn:

I got one when they first hit the shelves, before they changed the stamp, and it was unusable OS for me. I was getting a -1/+4 and maybe 300', with my best flex and I avg. 360' with Wraiths. I had to take off the flashing and grind down a touch of the bottom of the rim on a tee-pad just to utilize it. Other than that, I ended up not using it much because it's clear with a silver stamp (talk about invisibility) but it was the only one available at the time and I couldn't wait.

Meet the new Beast, same as the old Beast...

Got two new old Beasts. They are still pretty flippy out the box. Not super satisfied. Will stick with Orcs.

What are the flight numbers on the new old mold disc itself. Disc golf center says its 10/5/-2/3 but when you look at the picture on the site the disc says 10/5/-2/2. Anyone know if they just haven't updated the pictures?

Old Mold Beasts have been my favorite driver since the beginning, and I always have at least 2 in the bag! I just got one in Blizzard plastic, and it is almost Firebird beefy. The most overstable Beast I've ever thrown. Anybody else tried one of these yet?

Seems like a mess. Nothing updated on Innova's site.

Somewhere in one of these long threads is a post from someone who claimed to know stating we would see both in the future. No idea how to find it.

I still see both showing up in Dx at my Academy. No idea if the new mold ones are old stock or not.

Somewhere in one of these long threads is a post from someone who claimed to know stating we would see both in the future. No idea how to find it.

I still see both showing up in Dx at my Academy. No idea if the new mold ones are old stock or not.

It's post #131 but there is so much back and forth that I don't know what to believe. Half say yes and half are saying no.

It's post #131 but there is so much back and forth that I don't know what to believe. Half say yes and half are saying no.

That was my post. As of April, 2015 they had no plans to make the retooled (less stable) version because the mold was broken.

However, they now have a Beast-X stamp which makes me wonder if they are planning on also having a Beast-L in the future.

I love me some old DX beast.....Maybe these will make my game great, again...

Just picked up a pro beast and had a few drives in the field. Threw it with an orc. I have to say the new pro beast was more similar to the orc than my other beasts...it was great. Now, this is only anecdotal and the beast was brand new and the orc getting to beat in. Don't have photos of the beasts to post, I tried but my phone camera could never focus.