• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Beast, Old mold vs. new mold

Looks like the more stable champ mold is going to have the new layout stamp (like the Thunderbird) so any with that stamp will be the more stable mold.

Okay, so Blizzard, DX, Pro, Gstar and champ are all out. Where's the freakin' star?

I would imagine that thrower value dropped off with the latest and all future runs being the same as the 1x so most likely used prices will drop but new should be holding their value for collectors at around $40-50.

for some reason, disc golf companies cannot/will not make that old school plastic again. Nothing really beats that old skool champ plastic.

So the concensus is(regarding Champion plastic Beasts)...

All "BS 2003 World Champion" Beasts are the Old Mold,
Some "BS 2x" Beasts are the Old Mold,
All Old Mold Beasts are pearly, translucent...

Which leads me to believe that all New Molds are more Opaque?

I have an old mold beast that is as soft as Gstar in totally clear red Champ. I never felt anything like it before or since. Since its so soft, its totally flat top as well. Very strange and beautiful disc. From the same era I have two old mold Orcs that are slightly translucent and pearly as seems to be the norm.

i think you're talking about the super gummy champ beasts?
i have one too.

Currently out on the course. Been driving exclusively with the new old mold beast, no patent no. and the new stamp "layout". This disc is as every bit reliable and beautiful as the first beasts that came out. If I were to put a rating to it, I'd have to say it is a 10, 5, -1, 3 to the truest sense. Does have a tid of turn but comes right out. It is also super windy today and I have been hyzer flipping into the wind no problem with it. On a flat hole with no wind I threw it flat and it turned a little bit, but fame right out and finished with a bit of forward fade. So happy that it's back. This is the driver I have been waiting for, for a very long time.

Currently out on the course. Been driving exclusively with the new old mold beast, no patent no. and the new stamp "layout". This disc is as every bit reliable and beautiful as the first beasts that came out. If I were to put a rating to it, I'd have to say it is a 10, 5, -1, 3 to the truest sense. Does have a tid of turn but comes right out. It is also super windy today and I have been hyzer flipping into the wind no problem with it. On a flat hole with no wind I threw it flat and it turned a little bit, but fame right out and finished with a bit of forward fade. So happy that it's back. This is the driver I have been waiting for, for a very long time.

Dang...now I'm going to have to get 10 of them. That's EXACTLY what I like my beat in Orcs to be.

Any of you throwing Pro Beasts? Thinking of trying one as I think it may be around -1, 2 with good glide?

Dang...now I'm going to have to get 10 of them. That's EXACTLY what I like my beat in Orcs to be.

It's crazy how perfect it was. I know it's a speed "10" but it's distance potential combined with the control is so unreal. I can think of only
One bad throw I threw today and it was total user error. Every other time I was for the most part putting slight hyzer, it would flip flat and just go. I even put it on a couple anny lines and it flexed out. My goal is to find one in star to beat in much quicker, but I definitely have a distance driver again that I fully believe in.

Any of you throwing Pro Beasts? Thinking of trying one as I think it may be around -1, 2 with good glide?

I don't know about that, but the star fire in pro plastic flies similar to what I think you're looking for so you might give that a shot

tough for me to say what they're like off the shelf. I have a beat in one thats probably -3, 2. I think a worn in pro would be a great one to have with a couple other stars at different stages of wear

Are the jl beasts on the factory store old mold? How can one be sure their getting an old mold beast without being there in person to look at it?

so..... has anyone thrown the "new old beasts"?? very curious :popcorn:

I bought a Dx that showed up at Academy. Love throwing it, but It's just not as long as my go to distance drivers. if Terns didn't exist, I would consider going to these in different weights and plastics.