• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Beaver State Fling

Milo would easily be a top 5 course (arguably #1 imo) if the two 18 hole layouts were permanent.

The 27 hole perm layout is easily a top 5 course,when the course is done up in tourney prep its #1 IMO, outside of BSF or HabRec it's not quite as amazing as what you are experiencing now which is probably a primary contributing factor to why it's not higher on this site (not that I place any value on the mostly homeristic reviews that drive ratings here)

Did the tee for the genius hole get moved back this year. I know there was talk about it last year. A local who played on my card last year showed me where they were thinking, that would probably help the scoring on that one. Great hole either way, but those gold level arms get pretty far down there. Will had (if memory serves me) about a 50footer last year for a deuce that spit out.

I got a 6 and a 7 on that monster par 5. I was happy with a 6 and not unhappy with a 7.

genius is the hole that shoots off the hill towards the road, and it's a par 4. if we are thinking of the same hole, i agree it's almost too easy of a par four for these day's pros. i wouldn't be surprised to see another eagle this year.

genius is the hole that shoots off the hill towards the road, and it's a par 4. if we are thinking of the same hole, i agree it's almost too easy of a par four for these day's pros. i wouldn't be surprised to see another eagle this year.

Spotting on genius all day, ill update with best/most painful of the day.

Chiming in here....was lucky enough to play the BSF in 2012.

Genius hole was one of my only birdies during the entire BSF in 2012. My game was terrible that day and even I birdied it. It should definitely be a 3, not a 4.

And Milo is hands down the best course I have ever played. Beautiful scenery, challenges every shot in your bag, no detail missed in terms of course design, great baskets....could go on and on. Just wish I had camped instead of staying in a hotel.

Genius hole was one of my only birdies during the entire BSF in 2012. My game was terrible that day and even I birdied it. It should definitely be a 3, not a 4.

The problem is the scoring spread (and average) doesn't really support the hole being a par 3, either. Scores for that hole in the past looked a lot like 3333333445, with effectively zero 2's and an average of ~3.4. i.e. it's a tweener that needs redesign (particularly more length), rather than just a rebranding as a par 3. A farther back tee pad could do the trick, definitely, as could a deeper, more guarded pin position.

so the pdga has the lead card listed as going off at 12:40pm. is that pacific time or does the pdga adjust those times for your time zone? cuz the score updates thing is listed in eastern time. i would assume it means 12:40 pacific but just want to make sure.

I remember hearing discussion about how there used to be a "separator tree" fairly close off the tee pad. Supposedly that added enough difficulty that you couldn't fully let loose on a drive and made it a legitimate par 4.

I remember hearing discussion about how there used to be a "separator tree" fairly close off the tee pad. Supposedly that added enough difficulty that you couldn't fully let loose on a drive and made it a legitimate par 4.

Yeah, that tree supposedly fell in 2010 sometime, and the hole has needed reworking ever since.

Genius Hole. Moving the tee pad back would be a game changer. The drive is relatively easy in the tee pad's current position, but if you moved the pad back and if someone had a wild drive that hit branches on the way off the pad, they would get into big trouble with the hill and thick trees/foliage. Could easily cause a 6 or 7 to happen because there is nowhere to stand after the edge of the current tee pad. Lots of YouTube videos where you see people driving on that hole. The best one is the NSDG video from 2012.

You'd think at the very least they could get a guy out there with a mic who could call the lead card over internet radio.

There was a recorded 2 in the advance division on the genius hole. Apparently he put it within 25 ft of the pin. I on the other hand shot a 71 on the east course this morning :gross:

http://www.pdga.com/tournament/live.php?TournID=14324&Div=MPO

2 eagles and 2 birdies on the lead card for the first hole?

Interactive map (click on a hole and get a map of it w/distances)

Hole 1 on the west course is a 650 foot par 5. Looks like an eagle-able hole, particularly for the likes of Schusterick and Doss. Map shows what looks like a clean route to make it to the basket in two well placed shots. Of course I say that with absolutely no knowledge of the actual terrain of the hole.

Hmmph. The only par 5 on that course when I get to play it [winter] is that 1150' biotch of a #2, which I have yet to par. But I have 6ed it the last few times.

what are the odds McBeth is like 9 or 10 under right now and catching the leaders?

Latest posts