• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best 9 hole course you have played?

I really like Upper Plum Creek Park in rural SW Minnesota. Also Bethel DGC in the Twin Cities is pretty fun. In SD, most of the courses in the state park system are great 9 holers.

My favorite 9 hole course would be Sea Pines DGC in Los Osos, CA.

This course is on an executive ball golf course and has some epic views of the bay.

1d390c4f.jpg

Second place would go to Lower Columbia DGC in Astoria, OR. It is a very short but fun little 9 hole course that plays around the fairgrounds.

085001b0.jpg

picture.php

Picnic Island in Tampa, though they are working on making it 18 holes now.

Chabot Park in San Leandro, CA. Just dirt tee pads, but the terrain is awesome for disc golf and holes are laid out really well. Get a local to show you all the alternate tees for maximum fun...

First time I've heard anyone say anything good about this park. I work 10 minutes away, but just go home to play Golden Gate every night.

Don't know if I would consider it the Best, but my FAVORITE 9 hole course is in my home town of Salem, Oregon in Woodmansee Park. Long and short holes, open holes to wooded, technical holes, hyzers to annys, a bit of Everything you can think of in 9 holes. Also, this course has alternate tee pads at each basket for a "Sort of" 18 hole course. It is a very Fun course to play.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=2972

picture.php

Payne Park in Downtown Sarasota is also very nice, for a 9-holer.

Parque de la raza is my tops. Lake Sonoma is really fun too, but I'm biased since I designed it.

Stafford Woods in Voorhees, NJ was the best one I've played, by quite a long shot. Too bad we added another 9 and made it a very good 18... JK

< it was a great 9 holes with 4 tightly wooded holes, 2 pond carries, and 3 field holes, 4 ligit par 4s. Before we added the second 9, it was the #4 ranked 9 holes on here.