• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Ace Witnessed (Yourself or Others)

Best Ace Witnessed (Yourself or Others)

• Total voters
Thumber ace in a tournament I played about a week ago, wooded hole, maybe 175', all I could think as it headed downward toward the basket is "...please don't skip 40' right" then DONG! Dead stop into the basket. Couldn't believe it.

My 5th ace................. I was +3 after 4 holes and stuck the 270" hole 5 with a crazy hyzer flip shot. 1995 @ Wagner Park, Royal Oak MI

My latest ace was pretty sweet too. Lost my fav Wraith on hole 8 blue at Maple Hill in the first round of a tourney. Started on hole 8 second round and aced after clearing the pond & crashing thru some trees to the right.

d58d7c74.jpg

i have a couple aces but the best one that i think i have ever witnessed was at Old Farm Park in Kentwood Michigan. Our league was having their post league party and were playing a doubles round while waiting for the pizza to arrive. a person who joined are group at the start of the round to make it a even number of players to pair up as partners. He was at hole 5 176 foot hole. I was getting annoyed at first because his pre throw warm up arm motions were taking a very long time. He finally throws the disc it hyzers around the trees and hits the ground about 3 feet in front of the basket bounces up in the air. while in the air it gently flips up and over the edge of the basket and in without hitting the chains. We all were shocked watching it. He was excited since it also was his first ace ever.

My buddy Bo (username Kaibredisc I think) on a 370' throw across a canyon (slightly downhill) with a Star Katana. It was into a tire basket which made it that much more impressive.

For anyone in the Boise, ID area: it was Lydle gulch blue coarse. The hole known as stand and deliver, because the teepad is dug into the side of the mountain with almost no run up area.

Watched a friend ace this blind hole. Basket sits about 30-35 feet behind the trees straight ahead of you. Most people shoot for a spike hyzer or something over the trees on the right. He decided to run it straight though the trees and right into the basket. We all heard the chains but weren't quite sure they were from our hole.

#7 The Oaks - Mokena Illinois

Attachments

• oaks.jpg
    oaks.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 14
I saw Patrick Brown ace at Tarwater on a 380' blind hole with a teebird during a practice round. On a single chain cheapo basket. Sick

Hole 10 at Loriella (Pond Hole)

I was picking trash on the course and was on the edge of the pond and all of a sudden a blue buzzz floated over my head and turned straight at the basket and hit chains about 20 feet away.

It was the guys first ace....

They probably tried to get my attention but I had my iPod going at the time.

I heard an Ace on Hole #1 at C.P. Adams Park in Hastings, MN while teeing off on hole 2. It was classic, we heard the chains and then the celebration. It was the first Ace I ever witnessed (even though I did not see it), first Ace I even saw or heard, Quincy and I had not ever made an Ace to that point. Hey Quincy, score now Me 2 You 0.

Your poll excludes 176'-199'... might have already been mentioned but I missed it.

I've never witnessed anyone else have an Ace. My personal longest is 192' on #13 at Dorsey's Knob in Morgantown, WV with a 175g, light blue, Star Aviar Driver, witnessed by gflap from St. Louis.

picture.php

My longest chain hit was at Gowen Park in Sanford, ME on hole #8 at 350' with a 150g QOLF, witnessed by a guy driving by in a truck who yelled "nice shot" at me. :) So close and yet so far. :D

Last edited:
My latest ace was pretty sweet too. Lost my fav Wraith on hole 8 blue at Maple Hill in the first round of a tourney. Started on hole 8 second round and aced after clearing the pond & crashing thru some trees to the right.

d58d7c74.jpg

Is it sad that I knew exactly what hole that was, only from watching so many Vibram Open videos? :p

I haven't had the privelege of bucketing an ace for myself. However, the craziest coincidence of aces I've witnessed was a couple of them. Have a group of friends I regularly disc with during the season. My friend decided he needed to get another ace (he had one at the time) and he nailed a skip ace on old hole 7 at miller creek, off of the rock path. Was cool and all, a variety of emotions struck me but I was excited for him. 6 days later, same friend, same hole, same skip ace with the same red boss... Two aces on the same hole in 6 days.. Was pretty wild!