• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Ace Witnessed (Yourself or Others)

Best Ace Witnessed (Yourself or Others)

• Total voters
Have not seen any crazy aces before that I can remember. Anyone ever see an ace that kicked off of a tree or something and right into the basket? Or maybe even a roller ace? HAHA improbable but still possible!

I got a roller ace short hole, messed my shot up and it burned anny 40' short, rolls towards basket hits a hill and pops in. Actually my brother and I were getting so many dirty aces a couple years ago they started calling them Jamieson aces.

Best one I saw was on video later.. my buddy was doing a interview for the anniversary of the park with a news crew and T.V. cameras. Just a short demo this is how you throw, nice flat, easy and bang!

My buddy Greg hit an ace last year and it was the best I've ever seen. Not because of the distance, but because of his reaction after getting a tree kick ace for his first ace ever playing disc golf for about 3 years. He also hit it with his favorite disc. His reaction was just screaming and falling to the ground in pure excitement and joy. It was the best.

I always told myself that I would play it cool when I got my Ace... I was wrong. I screamed and jumped around and everything.

Not the longest but by far the best I've seen was in Austin at Texas States in the early 90's. First hole of the day on the first round John Powell banged an ace on hole 3 of Zilker Park (South course). Good start to the weekend!

Twas my one and only. It happened at the ace pool throwoff at one of my first am league experiences. I had just shot something like 15 over while playing on a card with a couple of bad ass locals, so I wasn't feeling to good about my skills. I hit it on hole one at Sugaw Creek with an r-pro aviar in front of ~70 folks. Ace pot was $75. It was a ~200 ft safari hole and a straight shot but it was a pretty spectacular feeling. Haven't hit a single one in a round or in practice since. I feel that if I have an ace run I've overthrown the basket.

I got a roller ace short hole, messed my shot up and it burned anny 40' short, rolls towards basket hits a hill and pops in. Actually my brother and I were getting so many dirty aces a couple years ago they started calling them Jamieson aces.

Best one I saw was on video later.. my buddy was doing a interview for the anniversary of the park with a news crew and T.V. cameras. Just a short demo this is how you throw, nice flat, easy and bang!

I would love to see a roller ace! Just imagining one is getting me excited. This is going to be the year I try and incorporate rollers into my game... always trying to grow my game.

I don't count mine from 97 cause it was at the old starting hole when jones park had one course and it was like 160 ft, everyone just emptied their bag and eventually you got an ace or cubby ace and I'm pretty sure mine was cubby. It was a long time ago.

The best legit ace was Allen Wilson Peter Pan hole 16. It's somewhere in the 270ft range. BHRH turnover with a champ panther that held that turnover line right into the basket. Blind finish but we heard the crash of the chains and a guy who plays and lives next to the course just happened to be walking his dog by the basket at the time and we heard yelling "who threw that?! You know you just aced that?!" It was a sweet shot.

The longest ace I witnessed was myself at Rock River Disc Golf Course in Watertown, WI - Hole 20 (Old hole 18) at 426 feet with a Gold Line Flow that my wife got me for Christmas a few years back. The hole throws more like 375 because it is downhill, but it is still a huge huck for me.

I wasn't going to go out discing that day, but a friend from work was in town and wanted to know where the course was. I told him where it was and decided to meet him out there. We were playing the short tees on all of the holes, but when we came up to 20, I said that we have to play the long tee because it is such an awesome downhill shot. That was the first time I was playing off the newly laid rubber tees as well.

My shot flipped up and had a nice S curve to it. Mid-flight my friend said, "Holy S###, its down there." I responded with, "I don't think its long enough-" just as the disc perfectly hyzered back and smashed into the chains. I stood there dumbfounded that I actually aced the hole. My friend was yelling and jumping around like he actually hit the ace. He says that is still the coolest shot he has ever seen.

i didn't witness it but was my first ace ever with super hippy dude on last hole of Silverview Park watching as i FH a flick straight into the cage with a missing back area so a ace is extra hard to stick which he ran up screaming at the basket to ensure it stuck-- it did and we all had the most odd celebration with a random stranger possible.

Awwww i<3DG!

I don't know if there's video, but she writes about that ace here. IIRC, she hit metal on the same hole either the day before in practice or in a later round.

Thanks for posting that. I heard the same thing about the follow up metal hit, which makes a great story, and I hope it's true: she does have those kind of mad skills! :thmbup:

My best ace came last year on Friday the 13th with a Star Teebird on Hole #9 at Adler Park. 280', downhill shot....:D
7eb9a077_m.jpg

I also saw a buddy ace Hole #6 at Bevier Park. 388' mostly flat hole, but the basket does sit on a small hill even though you can't really see it in this picture...
e89f3cea_m.jpg

The only ace I've witnessed was hole 1 of SFDGC in the A position at 239ft. Sean Jack was throwing a few holes with me before it got dark. Sean had broken his left (off) arm about two weeks previously, so he was only throwing sidearm. He had a beautiful shot that skipped up and into the basket.

The BEST ace I have ever witnessed was at Barnett Park in Orlando, Parkside course Hole 13. It was in the longer pin location- according to this site that's 267ft. Playing Sunday handicap with my buddy Phil and a local named London. London's a lefty and threw a Buzzz but turned it over too fa to be in contention. I think he said something about a better line for RHBH so he grabs his Star Wraith and throws it RIGHT HANDED (BH) on a high hyzer and it aces. I guess technically it's a cubby ace but I had only ever seen him throw lefty for all his shots up until this point. It was unbelievable that someone could be that good (or lucky) with their off-hand. Since it was his 2nd shot, it didn't count toward the ace pool :D

Hole 11 Yuciapa Regional park. Two guys were in the street b/t baskets 10 & 1 as we approached our drives on hole 1.

One guy is setting up to drive (southward) so we ask him where he's throwing to. He points with his star Destroyer to hole 11, a good 550', maybe 575' away. His buddy claims that he skipped aced it the previous weekend. We get behind them and watch as the guy bombs a flex shot over the bathroom, it levels and starts to fade out 50' before it hits the street that circles the basket. just past the edge of the grass, and skips the last 30' into the basket.

Unbelievable.

Last edited:
I have two that are memorable. Both at my home course, Dog Island Park in CA. The first was my second round ever. I just bought my first disc at Walmart, a DX Teebird because I liked the stamp. I was playing with a few friends who don't play often, but they played enough to show me around. I hit an 108ft ace on hole 6 through some tight trees. I didn't know it was that big of deal, but everybody couldn't believe it because they hadn't ever hit aces before. A month later I was getting into the game and went and bought a GROOVE at Big 5. I only knew how to throw backhand and I hated the thing instantly. Someone told me to try throwing sidearm and I was able to make it work. A few days later I show up to the course and the wind in blowing pretty good. There is a big group hanging out at the table on hole 1 (255ft). They say go ahead, so I grab my Groove and flick the Groove fairly flat and well left of the basket. A huge headwind picked it up like 50ft and it stalled out and dumped hard straight into the chains. The ten people just went crazy and again I didn't see the big deal. I had just hit my second ace in my first month of playing, I figured that it couldn't be that rare. I have only hit three since then, but one was an ace pot!