• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best bag for yiur buck

nrihan

Eagle Member
I have a fade crunch bag but need to get a bigger one. Should I get the tourney size for about 50the bucks? Those voodoo bags are $$$..... way too much. Any other cheaper ones out there?

I've had a Fade Tourney bag for a couple of years now. Mine's jammed with discs (21 + two putters in the pocket), plenty of use using quad shocks... no problems. I know, gotta thin the discs out - too much overlap, not the point here. It holds a lot, takes a decent beating and is very reasonably priced compared to the virtually identical Innova Competetion bag. IMO one of the best buys you'll find in a bag that holds 20 discs or so.

The only thing I noticed was some wear on the corners of the bottom - painted the bottom with several coats of Plasti-dip, came out nce and is wearing wonderfully. :thmbup:

Only thing I'd consider to replace it would be a backpack bag.

Last edited:
Lat 64 Pro bag. All the space you can need and high quality in my experience.

Hyzerbomb atomic would fit the bill. You can also get it customized if that blows up your skirt.

ive had a fade tourney bag for a while now. great bag so far. and fade's customer service is spot on. with that said though, hyzer-bomb's bag the atomic looks really sick. i may replace my bag for one of those due to the fact i can have it customized, and has a ton of space.

agreed. i dont have a ton of experience with other bags but i know my lat 64 bag was a great bag for the money. i think they have the best quad straps around also.

Fade gives you great features for the money and overall is the best value.
The most space for the buck is awarded to lat 64.

One more vote for the fade tourney bag. That and the innova comp bag are both solid bags that will take a lot of abuse, the only real difference is a slightly nicer putter pocket and lower price on the fade.

4166.jpg

Ditto... Love my probag, plenty of space for discs and clothes if need be...
Got the bag for like $80 on Amazon, and I got the straps too...but I don't recommend them. I'm a big guy and the straps really don't sit well across my broad shoulders...but they are pretty...

MUCH higher quality than Fade (I've gone through 3 fade tourney bags...and notice I haven't hit my 1 yr DG anniversary yet..)

I will also recommend the Lat64 bag as far as value/$ goes. tons of storage and disc space, and very heavy fabric too.

get a lat64 bag with quad shocks and you will love every second it is on your shoulders.

I have a fade crunch bag but need to get a bigger one. Should I get the tourney size for about 50the bucks? Those voodoo bags are $$$..... way too much. Any other cheaper ones out there?

A Voodoo Mojo and Hyzerbomb Atomic are right around $80 or so ... an extra $30 and you get a much higher quality product IMO.

I love my Fade Tourney bag. It has enough room to hold all my discs plus some extra items that i may need over the course of the round. I definitely recommend plasti-dipping it if you get one to make the bottom waterproof and more resistant to abrasion. A thread with instructions to dip disc golf bags is here: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49417

I will also recommend the Lat64 bag as far as value/$ goes. tons of storage and disc space, and very heavy fabric too.

get a lat64 bag with quad shocks and you will love every second it is on your shoulders.

Ditto. I had the Innova comp bag for a bit, but sold it off to get the Lat pro (used from the marketplace). I like the pocket layout much better. I can reach the putter pocket on one side, and my water bottle on the other while walking with it on my back. Having the extra front pocket is really nice for extras. There's also a smaller velcro pocket on one side that I usually keep my cell in. I can grab it without taking the bag off too. The only downside to the bag is it's taller than it needs to be, but that's a minor gripe.

I noticed the comp bag sagged a bit in the middle which I would suspect would cause it to wear out sooner. Wasn't crazy about the stretchy putter pocket. I have a fade crunchbox too, and their putter pockets are well designed like on the tourney bag.

Another vote for the fade tourney. The price:quality ratio is ridiculous!

The most used bag in my club is the PDGA tour bag. I think they are about $55-60, carry a decent amount of discs (15ish), have lots of storage, and most of the guys have had the for 5+ years and they are still going strong. Doesn't seem like they get as much love everywhere else but they seem like a good deal.

I say you have to go with the Gorilla Boy bags.....I have a Kong an it is unbelievable....I can hold 20 discs in the main compartment (I carry a lot of midranges and putters so you could probably store more if you use a lot of drivers...you can store three additional drivers behind the putter poket in the front and 2 to 3 drivers in the back compartment ...making it a grand total of approximately 28 discs or so in the bag. Can't beat that guys.