• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Baseline Disc

I used to love DX Teebirds but I stopped throwing them because the newer DX feels like poop. The older stuff was actually kinda durable for baseline. The new stuff chunks & gouges like nobody's business

Oh & my vote= Ontario DX Cobra

Yeah it's night and day different now. I have a DX Shark from before 2003 and one I got last year. The feel, flight, and stability are so different I don't know how they can even call it DX now. I know times and technology change but it's not even similar. One is firm, grippy, stable and durable. The other is floppy, flippy, easily ruined by a big tree hit, and more like R-Pro then anything else.

Base plastic rocs and wizards get the vast majority of all the shots I throw.

The only baseline plastic I use is my P2 Psychos. Everything else is candy except for my S-line Gremlin.

Challengers and clones make the bag but i also like wasps, comets,& xls.
Ofcourse im talkin the old blends ;)

I like preds and avengers in x too.

Got to be the Rhyno, especially the old Ontario ones which can last for yrs.

One of the reason I asked this question is bc I'm an Orc thrower, and the Orc sucks in DX. But baseline plastic is suppose to glide farther.

Really? The Orc sucks in DX? My personal distance record was with a DX Orc. I hucked it into a lake and was afraid to replace it with a Champ. Every time I've had luck with a DX disc it has failed to transfer over to their premium counterparts (Beast, Valkyrie, Teebird, Wraith).

My favorite DX disc is probably the Teebird. I've had some solid shots with DX Beasts, Valkyries, and the Orc, but I've lost all of those. I still have the Teebird.

Another vote for the Teebird. When it hits the sweet spot and can handle power while losing the fade at the end, it is just a long, glidey, point-and-shoot machine.

DX Roc is my favorite, most controllable, and most reliable disc in my bag. I love the plastic.

The main reason for this fallacy is the fact that many popular old school discs were designed, prototyped, and first produced in dx plastic. They had designs that were often more overstable than the disc was meant to fly because they assumed that the brand new stability was only going to last until a tree hit or two. When the companies started messing with better plastics they found that many of these discs that were designed for dx were too overstable and lacked glide...This is where the L molds came from...as an attempt to make the discs fly like they were supposed to using new more durable materials.

So if you like Eagles, Teebirds, etc, then by all means try some dx. That's what those discs were designed for. If most premium discs fly too stable for you to get up to speed, then go baseline. But if you like more modern stuff that was designed, prototyped, and first produced in premium then you are likely to be disappointed by baseline.

Thanks for the info Discspeed, as always you don't disappoint!

Really? The Orc sucks in DX? My personal distance record was with a DX Orc. I hucked it into a lake and was afraid to replace it with a Champ. Every time I've had luck with a DX disc it has failed to transfer over to their premium counterparts (Beast, Valkyrie, Teebird, Wraith).

My favorite DX disc is probably the Teebird. I've had some solid shots with DX Beasts, Valkyries, and the Orc, but I've lost all of those. I still have the Teebird.

I've found that you can get good D with the DX Orc, but it once it takes a hit it goes to poop. If you like a new DX Orc you would love a 165ish Champ Orc. The Champ Orc is a great disc.

I was also curious to see if people perfer the stiff or soft versions of baseline? I had a gator that was velvety and an aviar that was brick hard.

I used to love DX Teebirds but I stopped throwing them because the newer DX feels like poop. The older stuff was actually kinda durable for baseline. The new stuff chunks & gouges like nobody's business

Oh & my vote= Ontario DX Cobra

Totally agree. I bought two dx teebird and the dx plastic is sh!t. One good hit and my discis literrally chunked big time.

My vote goes to suregrip Warrior from gateway. Hard as a brick, resistant for baseline and flies great. Close seconds are S wizard and suregrip Element.

I dislike pro d and dx seems to be hit or miss... I'd say Gateway has the better baseline.

Latest posts