• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Best Control/Distance Hyzer-Flip Disc

S-TD. Very similar to the sidewinder, but both of mine are more stable with a gentle, slow turn. Little more controllable IMO for flipping. The screaming chimp is a sweet stamp too...!

S-TD. Very similar to the sidewinder, but both of mine are more stable with a gentle, slow turn. Little more controllable IMO for flipping. The screaming chimp is a sweet stamp too...!

i would say roadrunner. i mean even a RR can be throw straight up to 350ish. with low hyzerflip you can crush a RR and it rolls!!!

the TD might be a better option for what you want.

did somebody say hyzer flippin?

flat stiff p-pd after a couple weeks hard use. the softer ones work too, but they seem to have slightly more turn and fade than the firms.

So I threw my girlfriends Champ RoadRunner yesterday. It was fun, had the farthest drive ever, not the most accurate, off track by about 100' feet to the right, but fun. Definitely need something more stable than the roadrunner. I have a tern coming to give it a shot.

Champ beast or tournament northman should do the job. The beast will have a little turn, the northman will flip to straight. After beat in the northman will probably end up closer to a beast out of the box and the beast might be come a awesome roller.

So I have to say, I'm loving the Tern. I really didn't want to like this disc because it just seemed like the new shiny toy everyone likes, but in all honesty it's pretty sweet. I have Champ 171g, and beat it a tad and it will do exactly what I want. I may have to try a Star out for a fresh out of the box.

I have Sidewinder on the way too and hope it goes well. I got a Crank in the mail today and threw it a few times. Not sure about it. Had a couple of great throws and a couple of shanks, so we'll see.

how fast is a tern i figured that was 2.4-2.5 rim on it

destroyer sized?

I dig mine @165. But kind of became prone to turning it over. I would love to try it in champ or a little heavier. Great tailwind driver Long S's.
Do you forehand it or backhand it?

Both. My Star Orc is just in that sweet spot. I get nice, long, straight BH throws. I can put just about any FH shot on it I want as well...right now it's pulling the best little FH S-curves out to about 230-250' for me. I really need to pick up a couple more, as I'd be just about screwed without it.

I really like my seasoned Icon Rival for these shots. If I throw mine flat now it has a tad turn, nothing comparable to a saint or anything but a slight one. It just flies straight forever now!

A heavy Champ Sidewinder might fit the bill, although it may start to turn too far to the right once it seasons. A Valkyrie may be more predictable. Personally I use a 170ish pearly flat top Orc for hyzer flips. Orcs have become a very under-rated distance driver IMO...

Latest posts