• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Best Disc for Anhyzer Glide Shot

170g Opto Fuse on a very slight anhyzer.

Extremely reliable disc for anny (you can get it to turn hard, gently turn all the way or have a slight fade on the end depending on angle/snap/power) or tunnel straight hyzer flip shots.

I assumed that was the case, or that it was a bad disc(as opposed to the mold being bad). I wanted to love my Fuse. It had some of the prettiest plastic I've ever bought, and the dye job I threw on there was the best I'd done at the time. Unfortunately it didn't work out.

I hate when that happens. I really wanted to like the Core and it just wasn't for me

Lat Fuse if I take the low route. Another option it to have a high "spike" anny, and my Lat Fury is good for this. you can really get it up on its edge with a backhand throw, it will turn sharply, and then ease out of the dive and land almost flat. About half the time I can pull this off with up to 300' distance, and its a thing of beauty.

I bought a Meteor thinking it'd be the best since it's like -.5, nope, comet still holds and glides that line for forever. There's a 245 or so foot hole, mando tree on the right so you gotta either forehand or anny the shot with a death drop all behind the basket. Throw past on the left side, you're about 15-20 feet down in the deep stuff, likely dropping in a bogey if you can't get a clean out. The meteor fights coming back, but the comet just pans and glides to touch down around the basket nearly every time. It's way more consistent out of the box and only gets sweeter with time.

My first choice would be Theory the way it sounds. I could also easily run a Tangent with it, just have to torque it a little more. For wide open on my left annys I will sometimes throw my Inspire or Crave instead. They get out further and faster before the turn, but if I time it right, still hit the right distance without going too far. I have had my Crave flex out of it too soon though and wind up in a creek behind one hole. No real danger of that with a Theory.

I would definitely reach for a broken in Z-Meteor for that shot. Out of the box, the Meteor will fight back if you throw it flat. I had my favorite seasoned Meteor stolen right off the course a couple days before a tournament last year and it was devastating to see my Meteor and Buzzz basically accomplish the same thing in the first round. Between rounds, I beat that thing in quite a bit and it was back to the beautiful anny disc I've known it to be. There's a 240' downhill hole with a huge tree straight in front of the teepad at one of the local parks. I can throw the Meteor flat and easy around the tree and it holds that anny line and settles under the basket with no fade at the end. I can do the same with an Opto Pure on an anny, but it does still fade back a bit.

RHBH: A light (165-170) and somewhat beat DX Stingray thrown with some annie as to negate the effect of it finishing left.

RHFH: Max weight Star Gator, if short or max weight Star Firebird, if long. There will be no going left when these are thrown with a bit of hyzer.

If I had to backhand I'd throw my Z Drone on a high anny line. It'll go right the whole way and have a lot of movement, but fight out of the anny at the end and land flat. A Fuse or Core would work released flat and let it turn, but it's a much touchier shot than a stable disc on a forced anny.

The real answer is learn to FH and chuck a Drone, Trident, or XXX on a hyzer.

You know, the Magnet is sadly neglected in the approach role, IMO. I was throwing my putting D Magnets on short approach at a field one time, just for the heck of it, and whoa! The easy throw, great glide and drop down soft landing was impressive. I was having to put a lot more on my Pure, Voodoo, and Anode to get the same flight and range. All done from a standstill.

Latest posts