• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Best discs

Baseballadp

Birdie Member
What are the top 3 discs. Discs you couldn't live without. Not best overall like a mid or best for distance. Just what disc do you love and why. I play with a guy who only throws valks and he is amazing with them. Mine would be the roc3, just seems to do what I want every time with no effort or lines. Same could be said for my mako3. What is your go to disc that you trust, love, and couldn't play without?

I'd be hard pressed to play without a Firebird, Stag and Harp.

Love my F1 power it down and I can throw hyzer shots under limbs that a mid would smack. Power it up and it's a nice over stable fairway. I use it so often I don't know if I could play without it.

I have other discs I love but I could play the rest of a round if I lost them.

There is no disc that I couldn't live without. If you told me tomorrow that I had to dump my entire bag and make a new bag solely of Quest and Lightning, I'd make it work. I guess the closest would be DX Rocs though.

As soon as you make me pick one or two or three, I realize I'd play this game even if you made me stick with some pretty lame discs...

I would miss plenty of the discs I throw, but probably the main "special" ones are Zone, Polecat, Buzzz, Comet, Teebird, Firebird. Once you get up in the driver range, I could find replacements more easily.

What are the top 3 discs. Discs you couldn't live without. Not best overall like a mid or best for distance. Just what disc do you love and why. I play with a guy who only throws valks and he is amazing with them. Mine would be the roc3, just seems to do what I want every time with no effort or lines. Same could be said for my mako3. What is your go to disc that you trust, love, and couldn't play without?

Pink Panther. It's my utility disc, forehand disc, and is a good roller as well as great for "normal" midrange shots.

There's really no other disc I couldn't play without. Sometimes I put together an all-MVP/Axiom bag or all-Lat64 bag or all-DX bag, etc.

A couple of discs that are fun to throw though not necessarily the best for my game on my home course are the SL and the Archon.

My current favorites are always rotating. I have too hard of a time not trying new things.

The discs that I tried to play for years without, that have always made their way back into my bag:
Challenger, Comet, Predator

Wizards, Rocs and Eagles.

I play three disc rounds with these quite often and after a round, always wonder why I carry a full bag.

Beaded or non beaded putter, beaded or non beaded midrange, and either an overstable utility or a fairly neutral driver that's workable. Which discs those consist of depends upon the individual.

UNw4iKB.png

Easy for me since my core is made out of 4 molds and I play mostly wooded courses.

I love discs that I feel I can dial in for Lazer beam mode if needed but still is stable enough for a nice straight to hyzer. With some spin I find these three to go straighter than anything else I've tried.

Mercy (slightly more stable and slower pure), Compass (or buzzz) & Explorer (or Teebird).

Harp, Suspect and Judge (throwing putter) in that order. I can make do elsewhere but those 3 discs have made the biggest impacts to my scores.

Pre Barry Beast - Hands down my most controllable driver. Straight, hyzer, anhyzer, doesn't matter, it can handle it all!
Zone - Amazing utility disc, great for forehand approaches, good for forehand rollers
Wizard - Best putter ever, enough said...

Latest posts