• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best driving putter

Best driving putter?

• Aviars (BB, JK, KCP, BB, Etc.)

Votes: 42 12.2%
  • Classic Roc

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Pro Pig

Votes: 8 2.3%
  • Rhyno (Pro, Champ)

Votes: 25 7.3%
  • Banger GT

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Challenger

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • Focus

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Magnet

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Zone

• Jokeri

• Anode

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • Ion

Votes: 22 6.4%
  • Ridge

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • Summit

• VP

• Sole

• Pure

Votes: 58 16.9%
  • Spike

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Sinus

• Judge

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Clutch

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Wizard

Votes: 89 25.9%
  • Suspect

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Envy

Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters
I love the Wizard. Starts out with a ton of HSS and just the right amount of LSS to get the dump at the end, but still be a point and shoot. It also breaks in to be a great turnover. Link a set of Wizards with a Rhyno, Banger, or something of the like and you have it made.

:thmbup::thmbup:

Poll!

Better have a lot of options though, or "other" will win.

That's why i didn't make it a poll Haha I ended up getting a soft Voodoo. Looked at the Inbound Flight Guide and it showed a little bit of turn and a little bit of fade according to their graph.. which is exactly what I'm looking for. I checked out the Ion and Anode for a long time, and it honestly came down to the price Haha Wasn't willing to spend $16 + tax on something I didn't know a whole lot of information about. Now if I'm not happy with the Voodoo, itll be put up on here FSOT and if someone wants to trade me an Anode or Ion, I'd be happy to do it.

Surprised only 1 person said this. You may not consider it a putter putter but really it is. The Zone. IMO is the Furthest flying putter on the market, hands down. But the best putter to drive with? Thats really a personal thing. For me its a magnet. 4 chain Soft. Goes where I tell it. Everytime. But any putter with some stability I can usually get out to around 300ft give or take.

Last edited:
The straightest putter off the tee for me, up to ~265', is the Opto Pure. It's the disc that made me love throwing putters off the tee. I've been throwing my current one almost exclusively for the last four months at my home course (nothing over 300'), and it's hardly changed its flight in that time.

Surprised only 1 person said this. You may not consider it a putter putter but really it is. The Zone. IMO is the Furthest flying putter on the market, hands down. But the best putter to drive with? Thats really a personal thing. For me its a magnet. 4 chain Soft. Goes where I tell it. Everytime. But any putter with some stability I can usually get out to around 300ft give or take.

Zone is a tweener disc that's why. Not a putter, but not a mid at the same time.

Anyone throw a putter with oats on purpose to make them break right? I find this easier then to wing up and throw clean for right turns, I can do both, just prefer oat way.

No one makes better driving putters than Vibram. Depending one what you want the line to be it could be any one of the four. Summit, Sole, Ridge, VP.

Anyone throw a putter with oats on purpose to make them break right? I find this easier then to wing up and throw clean for right turns, I can do both, just prefer oat way.
yup and with my mids sometimes too i love throwing with oats!!

No one makes better driving putters than Vibram. Depending one what you want the line to be it could be any one of the four. Summit, Sole, Ridge, VP.

I drank the kool aide, and I am loving it! I have a medium VP, ridge, and summit in the bag. They have replaced a new ss wiz, beat ss wiz and beat ss magic. Best part is, I can practice upshots in the vacant building's parking lot down the street from my house, and the discs show hardly any sign of wear.

quick, everybody just name what's in their bag.

That's what posters want out of these threads. The OP claimed to want a straight flyer but then bought a Voodoo because it had some turn and some fade. Why so serious?

That's what posters want out of these threads. The OP claimed to want a straight flyer but then bought a Voodoo because it had some turn and some fade. Why so serious?

It is a pretty straight flyer Haha The CA I was throwing, if I had to put numbers on it, was probably that of a -3/1 cause it was so beat in. So that became my understable driving putter.. and I have 2 SSS Wizards I've been using as my over stable. Wanted a nice medium between the two. So I went with the Voodoo.

Thrown an ss wizard, zero pure, medium and soft ions and anodes. Open shot distance champ is the anode soft at 171g. Thrown on a 7:00 hyzer and about 15-20+ height and it will easily glide out 250-300 for me, depending on conditions. It usually gets about 5 to 10 feet of turn and 0 to 10 ft of fade at that distance. With a tailwind I've thrown them 320. Play one or two full putter rounds with this bad boy and in calm conditions you might not throw anything else inside of 250.

I think an opto pure would be a treat, its shaped just like a mini buzzz. I'd guess in mid 170s it would be an upshot machine for straight shots with little turn/fade. As already posted, most putters are primarily all the same 4 or 5 molds. Might a well just pick one of the molds with the charactistics you desire and learn it.

Latest posts