• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Best Go To Distance Driver for FH & BH (besides Destroyer)

Go To Distance Driver for FH & BH (main for both if you could only carry one DD)

• Trespass

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • Giant

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • D1

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • D2

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • D3

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Crank

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Force

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • World

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Enforcer

• Cannon

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Rampage

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • PD2

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • XCaliber

• Hurricane

• Sword

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • Tern

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • King

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boss

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nuke

• Scythe

• Total voters
While that may be true, what good does having a farther drive do if you can't hit your putt? Drive for show, putt for dough

Well this is a Go To Distance Driver thread. Also, if you can park all the long holes, tap-ins are a high-percentage shot :cool:

I know i need to work on putting, it's my weakness, but this is a game of 3s (short, approach, distance) and I've got 2 so far, BH and FH. Putting will come with time, and Judges ;)

Never tried forehanding a tern, but from the ones I throw I would have to imagine you would have to throw it on the biggest god damn hyzer with some height to stop it from rolling and get a full flight path out of it

Trespass for sure! Just lost my workhorse DD :|. I had a 172g pink opaque lucid trespass with a flat top that was slightly seasoned...didn't take into account the elevation change, left it too low, and clipped the top of a bush over a water hazard and stuck it in the drink :doh:...It was one of the toughest losses I've had. Didn't realize how attached I was to the disc until this happened :(

:p*So if anyone has a 170g lucid trespass with a flatter top that's 9+/10 I'd be glad to take it off your hands. (I have trades and PP) :hfive: Just PM me!

does the lucid turn a lot?
i have a fuzion that's pretty balanced.
I imagine lucid might not be as good if it's a moderate windy condition

My votes are for D3, Crank, Tern, Nuke. But those are the only ones Ive thrown really. I really like the D3 for everything....and I liked the Crank too, just too pointy and hard for me to hold. But a good disc.

Voted for the Xcal because I use it forehand, but the wraith bombs backhand. Star for normal distance drives and pro for line shaping and tailwind. Wraith is a great disc.

Trespass for sure! Just lost my workhorse DD :|. I had a 172g pink opaque lucid trespass with a flat top that was slightly seasoned...didn't take into account the elevation change, left it too low, and clipped the top of a bush over a water hazard and stuck it in the drink :doh:...It was one of the toughest losses I've had. Didn't realize how attached I was to the disc until this happened :(

:p*So if anyone has a 170g lucid trespass with a flatter top that's 9+/10 I'd be glad to take it off your hands. (I have trades and PP) :hfive: Just PM me!

does the lucid turn a lot?
i have a fuzion that's pretty balanced.
I imagine lucid might not be as good if it's a moderate windy condition

The lucid I had did have some turn, I would say consistent to the numbers at my 400' power, but I could still trust it into a decent wind with some hyzer. I used the pink lucid for everything unless it was more than a 15-20mph headwind. Then I would throw my 174g blue domey fuzion trespass. That thing has held up to 20-25mph wind so far with barely any turn. I'm told that I have a freak fuzion trespass because of how OS it is, but I love it....not as much as I loved my lucid though

Well this is a Go To Distance Driver thread. Also, if you can park all the long holes, tap-ins are a high-percentage shot :cool:

I know i need to work on putting, it's my weakness, but this is a game of 3s (short, approach, distance) and I've got 2 so far, BH and FH. Putting will come with time, and Judges ;)

I'll have to also ask to see a video of you forehanding a teebird 450 or any disc for that matter. It's hard to believe...

I voted Trespass since I am swapping from Destroyers to the Trespass. Couldn't find Destroyers that were similar. Hoping the Trespass won't be so bad.

I'm hoping the same thing. So far it's been oay but there does seem to be a wide variation in trespasses.

I voted xcal. Most of the time it is a better option than a tern. II bag a tern for when I want to throw absolute bombs.
The wraith gets honorable mention because if there is no wind I'm throwing a wraith. The wraith is super controllable and a really far flying disc. If you haven't tried one, you will be shocked at how stable it is even at 420-450.

Latest posts