• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Highway Exit in Disc Golf

Exit 340B on I-40, Flagstaff Arizona has got three great courses just off the exit and down the road.

Wherever you get off for Idlewild and Lincoln Ridge would rank up there, especially with some other courses around too.

Yeah, you can get off at exit 182 on I-75 N and take KY 18 east towards banklick (lincoln ridge), but its a 14 mi 30+ min drive. It's quicker and easier to hop back on the interstate. I love both these courses, but they dont quite fit this thread

I guess I'll chime in for Michigan. US-31 to Ludington is a pretty sweet place to get off (the highway). Three 24-hole courses in one park: Beauty, Beast, and Goliath. Five miles down the road is Leviathan (a real whoopin' for me). And, last but not least, Flip City twenty-five miles to the south and east. :D

Sounds like I need to get to NC though!

Also in MI, Exit 49 on US-23. You have:

Hudson Mills Original and Monster, Independence Lake - Red Hawk and Picnic Course, and CJ's Party Store in between. The store is within 5 miles of 80 holes of golf and stocks about 4000 discs, as well as Oberon :D

With out a doubt the IA I-80 exit 244. My hometown courses with 3 right in the area. Awesome courses!
Can't believe I didn't think of this. I've played close to 3/4 of the posted responses, and this is one of the better ones.

Exit 4 on I-35 (southbound) has to be the nuts though, the signature hole is right there as you're exiting with the course name mowed into the hill! Two big time courses in the middle of nowhere and you're halfway between two of the best disc golf towns in the country.

Exiting onto 26W in Oregon is up there. You get Horning's Hideout, Buxton Woods, and Stubb Stewart within a couple miles stretch on 26.

I-30 exit 146 in Mt. Vernon, TX

I was surprised this hadn't been mentioned, but I guess Selah was brand new and the Trey Texas Ranch courses weren't established until 2013. Still, that Mt. Vernon exit has got four top notch courses, with two of the DGCR top ten. Not too shabby!

Exit 153 of I-96 in Milford Michigan. Kensington MetroPark now has 36 holes of high quality golf, plus an extended season of the famed Toboggan course. Across the highway is Atchison Park with 18 windy holes of open bomber golf.

Exiting onto 26W in Oregon is up there. You get Horning's Hideout, Buxton Woods, and Stubb Stewart within a couple miles stretch on 26.
sure, but to get off on that(NW) exit sucks, especially during rush hours; always backed up

I was surprised this hadn't been mentioned, but I guess Selah was brand new and the Trey Texas Ranch courses weren't established until 2013. Still, that Mt. Vernon exit has got four top notch courses, with two of the DGCR top ten. Not too shabby!

This was the other one I was thinking about...