• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best homemade baskets!!!

I liked the one's Mike T. made at The Grange. Those ar on the Tike course now, aren't they?

Was thumbing through Youtube.com vids on disc golf driving and stumbled across this. I personally feel there is no other way to built a homemade basket after seeing this video. I even went to Lowe's and Wal-Mart to price check everything that I would need...easily out of the store for about 80 bucks. Everything else is quite crappy in comparison...

I hope this link to the video works. (someone let me know if it doesn't)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdts2FvC-Is

So did you do any work with your own basket yet?

Not until you replace the laundry basket. :D

Actually, I will ask something serious. With that narrow base, do you have to put wieghts on it, or stake it to the ground to keep it from falling over?

i know! the laundry basket was a quick thing to put in because i was too over ready to finish. it stands just fine on it own.

I would think the smaller basket would really help out on accuracy. I'd be concerned about the durability of it though, but, laundry baskets at the dollar store come pretty cheap. Has anyone thought about visiting a farm supply store, and using an appropriate sized, round galvanized metal tub or feed pan? I'm not sure if there's one that would work, but, I do know they come in various sizes and depths.

David

the small basket does cause me to throw more acurate to sink it, i thought about a feed pan but wanted to keep my cost down. i only bought the chain and laundry basket, the rest was roadside junk!

Looks good. The hard part is done - getting it built. You can easily add a better catch basket later.

OK EVERYONE. I just had a college professor ask me to send him as many pictures as I can of homemade baskets. He wants his college kids to all make a homemade basket as a class project, so if your picture is not here yet, add it.

Thanks

Edit: actually please add it to unique odd baskets thread
baskets gallery

I saw some courses out near Grants Pass Oregon that used what looked like truck rims for the basket, they weren't bad. I think Indian Mary was one, not sure.

Works of art!

Phatom Falls Disc Golf Course in Colorado has the best ones by far! These photos are from the pics of this course.

Attachments

• d70491a1.jpg
    d70491a1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 78
  • f503ff62_m.jpg
    f503ff62_m.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 87
attachment.php

here is mine

This is one I constructed for about $30. $28 for chains and few bucks for L brackets, screws, bolts. Got the 55 gallon plastic drum free from my work.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 119

Latest posts