• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best method for removing stickers from bands?

homandesigns

What's the best method for removing stickers from Discatcher bands and poles? I just purchased 18 used baskets for a course I'm installing on our property outside Asheville NC. Several baskets have stickers on them?

Mike

I've not tried to remove stickers from baskets, but there is a product called sticker shock, sold in auto parts stores. I have not bought a can in years, I assume it is still available.

The one can I did buy worked great, removes bumper stickers and the sticker residue without damaging paint as long as you follow the instructions.

Like anything else, test it on a less visible part of the band first. I'm sure others will weigh in as well

I've always used wd40 to get troublesome stickers off of things. Follow up with a damp rag with some dish soap.

If they're particularly troublesome, maybe try a plastic non-scratching putty knife tool.

Applying heat helps get off stickers whole sometimes. Try a few gentle passes with a lighter, don't scorch the paint. Brake cleaner is good for getting sticky stuff off, but bad for paint. Might be good for the pole.

Applying heat helps get off stickers whole sometimes. Try a few gentle passes with a lighter, don't scorch the paint. Brake cleaner is good for getting sticky stuff off, but bad for paint. Might be good for the pole.
I had to remove several hundred "used" stickers from text books and a heat gun worked really nicely.

Latest posts