• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Method to Ship Disc(s)?

yawpstang64

Double Eagle Member
Wondering what the best way people have found to ship discs is?
USPS, UPS, FEDEX?
And how much these usually are?
Also, is there a preferred packaging material? Bubble envelopes, small boxes?

i go USPS and it's usually 2.04 for one disc and that's 3 day shipping.

i usually just take one of their bubble envelopes and go over to the automated shippers where you do it yourself.

thanks for the thread link - I looked everywhere for 10 min but the search never came up with that one

Best way to ship

USPS and it is arond $2.50 give or take $.10 with wight and other things that i may throw in and I use a buble envalope.

I like to avoid USPS for anything. I used to work at a processing center. Some of the workers are so careless it's ridiculous. Some of the dock workers would play basketball with sacks of mail.

I like to avoid USPS for anything. I used to work at a processing center. Some of the workers are so careless it's ridiculous. Some of the dock workers would play basketball with sacks of mail.

anywhere you go does that stuff. UPS is just as bad.

I have never had a problem with USPS and shipping with them.

Sorry, but UPS is FAR worse in this department. I work at a place that receives millions in different shipments every year, UPS consistently gives us the most problems and damaged goods. I like USPS because I have a PO box, and feel more secure about my mail. I don't like packages laying outside my house all day.

I but 50 packs of large manila envelopes for like $5-6. Plus the $1.30-$2 to ship via USPS.

FEDEX is great, but pricey.

Plus USPS medium/large flat rate boxes are where its at for shipping 10+ discs. Or anything at all heavy.

I use the cheap manila envelopes and always try to recycle nice envelopes when I can.

If you are using envelopes I also recommend getting some of the free priority boxes from the PO and cutting them up for packaging. Makes the package much stronger and prevents stuff from getting bent. Also doesnt add anything to cost for shipping.

i go USPS and it's usually 2.04 for one disc and that's 3 day shipping.

i usually just take one of their bubble envelopes and go over to the automated shippers where you do it yourself.

This is the most affordable way I've found. Last time I shipped a disc I also found that the bubble envelopes at the post office are less expensive than you can get them in a store.

Sorry, but UPS is FAR worse in this department. I work at a place that receives millions in different shipments every year, UPS consistently gives us the most problems and damaged goods. I like USPS because I have a PO box, and feel more secure about my mail. I don't like packages laying outside my house all day.

I but 50 packs of large manila envelopes for like $5-6. Plus the $1.30-$2 to ship via USPS.

FEDEX is great, but pricey.

Plus USPS medium/large flat rate boxes are where its at for shipping 10+ discs. Or anything at all heavy.

The damage is because all those packages are subject to a ten foot drop. Actually, that's in their fine print. On the flip side, since we were a Detroit operation, we had the privilege of sorting ICP packages. My turbo putts improved that summer.

Latest posts