• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who is Using Tech Disc and is it Accurate?

I just started and am using mine. I find the velocity data to be consistent with my radar. I haven't thrown in a field to try and eyeball the other data points and have no way of knowing if they are close to accurate yet but they aren't splitting the atom here, these are not challenging data elements to collect with their tech so I tend to trust it.

The data feedback itself is great. I can fiddle with my backswing and grip or any other variable and see how it impacts speed, angles, RPMs, etc.. which is awesome. I love data.

The biggest challenge I have with it is throwing into a net. I don't have much room in my garage and I have to really focus and visualize to make my brain throw like I thrown on a course. If I'm not focused, my angles and everything are all over the place. I think the disc works great, I have to get better at simulating a real course throw. On a side note, mine is an ESP undertaker and I absolutely hate the hand-feel of this plastic/disc so that doesn't help. I really wish they used Innova star.

I just started and am using mine. I find the velocity data to be consistent with my radar. I haven't thrown in a field to try and eyeball the other data points and have no way of knowing if they are close to accurate yet but they aren't splitting the atom here, these are not challenging data elements to collect with their tech so I tend to trust it.

The data feedback itself is great. I can fiddle with my backswing and grip or any other variable and see how it impacts speed, angles, RPMs, etc.. which is awesome. I love data.

The biggest challenge I have with it is throwing into a net. I don't have much room in my garage and I have to really focus and visualize to make my brain throw like I thrown on a course. If I'm not focused, my angles and everything are all over the place. I think the disc works great, I have to get better at simulating a real course throw. On a side note, mine is an ESP undertaker and I absolutely hate the hand-feel of this plastic/disc so that doesn't help. I really wish they used Innova star.
Thanks for this!

ESP gets better fast. Sometimes they can be really glossy and slick new, so much so that I question whether I'll be able to grip it well. It seems to quickly correct itself, though I imagine it will take longer into a net. The mold might grow on you as well—it did for me. It's a deadly fairway driver... like a straighter Leopard3 for me.

If you got the slipperies.
Clean the gripping area with acetone and a cotton ball.
Will help get the mold release oil stuff off make it grippy.

Latest posts