• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Best mid range

the skeeter is what i use but i want something that i can give more power.

The quest t-bone in their premium plastic (I can't remember what it's called) is what you need. The t-bone is amazing. It's basically a long range skeeter. Stable but with almost no fade. Amazing glide. Will hold any line you put it on. It's "the disc that reads your mind".

It's the most versatile disc I know of because it will go as far as a destroyer and is also a great putt and approach disc.

i need a mid-range that can be thrown similar to a driver, i was thinking of the Discraft wasp?

ive had a roc before but turned it over going for that little extra distance but when it was new it was ok but i got beaten fast. any other suggestions are appreciated

The slightly beat in rocs are the best! You can get great distance with them but you may have to change the way you are throwing. It sounds as if you are overpowering them. Just throw it on a touch of hyzer with about 60-75% power and it will glide.

The Wasp is great for an overstable midrange, but if you want a disc similar to a driver, go with the Z-Plastic Buzzz. If flies true to form, has plenty of glide, and is not beaded like the Roc, so I feel that it releases smoother.

Z Wasp or Vibram Obex. I flip all my other mids when I throw them hard...(ibex, buzzz, wolf, roc) Wasp and obex can handle snap and wind. If you want to go even more overstable try the hornet or drone but they arent very straight fliers.

If you already know how to throw a disc well, you can throw a Buzzz plenty far. It can take driver-level power.

"The best midrange" is a little vague. The best midrange is going to be stable, able to handle some power, and able to hold a hyzer, and anhyzer line.

Insert you favorite here:

Mine is the Neutron Axis.

"The best midrange" is a little vague. The best midrange is going to be stable, able to handle some power, and able to hold a hyzer, and anhyzer line.

Insert you favorite here:

Mine is the Neutron Axis.

You sir just described a nicely beat in Z Buzzz.

The MD 2 is a great, versatile midrange, and I get a lot of use out of my gator.

This will sound odd but, I have starting using my Dart as a mid range. It does a better job of holding its line than most of the real mid ranges I have tried.

I agree with you on the feel of the Shark. It never felt quite right in my hand. My mid-to-fairway is the Innova Cobra. It is a 5,4,-2,2. Can be thrown inside or outside. Mine have become more and more stable the older they get. Unless I get a bad release, she flies nigh on straight down the fairway. The 5+4 lets you reach out a good ways as well.

+1 on the Cobra.. I throw the champs, but I just got a star in the mail today... can't wait to see what its like :)

thanks for the input. i had a champion shark and it felt uncomfortable in my hand. i'm using star skeeters for mid range shots and approaches but im looking for some thing that i can give some effort (not 100% power but i can do my usual drive run-up) and it wont turn over on me

EDIT: WHAT GRIPS DO Y'ALL USE FOR A MID RANGE SHOT?

hornet

I use to say Mako (its still in the bag for dead straight shots) but it doesn't really have the range I want in a true mid. I prefer my FLX Buzzz for line shaping, but the Neutron Vector is pretty money in the wind. Man, this is a tough call because I also have love for my Gremlin and Axis....tough question.

If I had a gun to my head I think Id go with the FLX Buzzz. Very predictable and hits and sticks, which is crucial in a mid.

Latest posts