• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best one day course tandems

Any combo of these three are the best for Eastern Wisconsin

Silver Creek

Rollin Ridge

Winter Park

picture.php

:thmbup: Exactly what I planned on posting when I saw the thread title! Especially once the fabled waterfall/cave is completed at RR. Just did my first overnight camping at RR last weekend ($20/night or $25/weekend, all golfing included!) and had a blast. The bar is open until midnight (and the prices aren't bad), and I finally tested the driving range. Oh, and they finally have VERY NICE tee signs at every single tee pad, and on blind holes the current pin location is indicated on the sign.

Hornets Nest / Nevin - they're practically right beside each other.

The best I've done is Black Jack / Harmon Hills. It's 48 holes of absolute badassery.

It would be best if you had a little airplane, but; Riverhead DGC for 36 holes on Martha's Vineyard, then another 18 at Nantucket DGC. Gotta start early.

- old Brackett's Bluff/old Brackett's Bluff

chainaddicted took me and a buddy out there along with SirWalter. We had such a blast that we played a 2nd round ... and then left to play Eastway instead of staying for dubs :wall:

- Flyboy/Flyboy is a good one too, but I've done that more often.

- any two of the IDGC courses make a great day

- JP Moseley/McCurry are a Southside ATL bomber's dream

Dorey is probably as close to New Quarter as the courses in VA Beach and a lot better.

Jimb says: I was just listing the course I had played in the area. As fun as New Quarter was, the 2nd 18 wouldn't have to be as impressive. LOL!!! Next time I head that way, though, I'll have to check out Dorey!

Hawk Hollow/Blockhouse would be most people's tops in VA though. I personally would probably choose Hawk Hollow and Loriella Long. IMO Loriella Long to Long is under-rated.

Jimb says: HH and BH are the courses that I generically referred to as "Fredericksburg" courses. I was on my phone and couldn't search like I wanted to. Thanks for filling in the blanks for me!!!! :) And I really did enjoy Pratt, too.

Woodshed/Whipping Post is always fun too.

Jimb says: QFT!! :clap:

Having some editing issues. I am technologically challenged today... even more than usual. DOH!!!

Last edited:
Emporia, KS: Jones Park (East and West) challenges all the shots in your bag and offers a clean, fun playing atmosphere. Throw in Peter Pan and the DD Store and make a day of it!

My favorite 2 course days
IDGC- Jackson/Ed
Idlewild/Lincoln Ridge
Highbridge- Blueberry/Granite
Lemon Lake- Red/Blue
NC- Winthrop/Renny
CO- Beaver Ranch/Johnny Roberts
MS- Old Warrior Run/Lake Lowndes
MN- Bryant Lake/BRP
IA- Pickard/Ewing
East TN- Harmon Hills/Warriors Path
And locally in Nashville- Cedar Hill/Seven Oaks

(Selah is #1 on my wish list.)

I was really happy to see Mont Du Lac mentioned. The open fairways and bomber shots of Eagle's Peak really contrast against the tight, technical fairways of the White Cedar course. A lot of times we will play the front 9 of Eagles Peak, 18 of White Cedar and then the back 9 of Eagle's Peak. It is also very interesting to combine front 9s/back 9s of both courses in different ways to create a new hybrid course.

Although I haven't done it yet, Giants Ridge and North Hibbing DGC would make an excellent pairing. Giants Ridge is a long, open fairway type course with sweeping doglegs and great views. The Hibbing course is more wooded fairways and plays much shorter. There are great views of the old Hull Rust Mine. To top it off, there is also an amazing cliff jumping spot into a old mine pit about 10 minutes from Giants Ridge.

I was really happy to see Mont Du Lac mentioned. The open fairways and bomber shots of Eagle's Peak really contrast against the tight, technical fairways of the White Cedar course. A lot of times we will play the front 9 of Eagles Peak, 18 of White Cedar and then the back 9 of Eagle's Peak. It is also very interesting to combine front 9s/back 9s of both courses in different ways to create a new hybrid course.

Talk about getting into the elements...White Cedar delivers. Rough, rustic, all natural and demanding are great descriptions.

This is one my favorite courses and a big surprise on that trip

On the way home from Highbridge....

Sandy Point/Standing Rock

That's a damn nice day.

Anyone try Makoshika St. Park and Diamond X? Is it doable in one day?

Looks like a long hike between them. Both courses are in the ol' wish list

Nevin and Hornets Nest ~ 5 miles apart.. Didnt read the whole thread so not sure if it was mentioned already. Even enough time to play Hornets Nest/Web then run over and play Nevin long. Just forget the shorts! :p

Yea there is some Charlotte area mixes...

Nevin Long - Web/Nest
Web/Nest - Renny Gold
Nevin Long - Renny Gold
Winthrop Gold (ropes in) and Renny Gold

With any of these combo's play the gold or long version. Hornets might be the course where you could just play the smaller course...it is the one everyone plays and reviews. Or just stay a weekend and play all 4, 7 layouts (lakefront isnt really in when the ropes are up).

Anyone try Makoshika St. Park and Diamond X? Is it doable in one day?

Looks like a long hike between them. Both courses are in the ol' wish list

Definately doable. Makoshika is good, not great, but unique for sure. Diamond X is great and has 2 18 hole courses. I'd go for Patterson Lake in Dickensen, ND and Diamond X as a combo myself. Prob about 300 miles between them but its all interstate and only about a 4 hour drive. Not most peoples definition of a one day combo.

Definately doable. Makoshika is good, not great, but unique for sure. Diamond X is great and has 2 18 hole courses. I'd go for Patterson Lake in Dickensen, ND and Diamond X as a combo myself. Prob about 300 miles between them but its all interstate and only about a 4 hour drive. Not most peoples definition of a one day combo.

Groovy. Thanx!:thmbup:

My favorite 2 course days

CO- Beaver Ranch/Johnny Roberts

Kind of a mismatch, I'd say. :)

FWIW, I think the best 2-course combo in the foothills is probably Beaver Ranch/Bucksnort. Those are the two best out of the five courses up there.

Bucksnort and Phantom Falls are about a block apart, so in terms of proximity that one is probably the easiest. But Phantom Falls is no longer even in the top 3 of the courses up there. Beaver Ranch, Bucksnort, and Magic Meadows all have a lot more variety and are more fun (not that Phantom Falls isn't fun; it's still a great time). A lot of people will like Bailey better, too.

Latest posts