• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Putter

Camgolfer

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I have never placed much importance on my short game until recently... DUH! and now I want to work on it. I bought a portable basket. Right now I am using a Putt'r and a Crystal Challenger. I like the challenger. I want some advice and maybe just to see what everyone thinks; what is the best putter out there and why?

Used to putt with an Aviar, then a SE Rhyno, and now a Latitude 64 SP. I had one in my bag for wind putts then I started using it all of the time and have been for about 3 years. They have a really nice feel to the plastic and are very durable. The have kind of roc rim without the bead. Anyways, they arent very easy to find in person but you can get them online everywhere.

I also own a Putt'r and a cryztal Challenger. Since you like the challenger I would say stick with similar putter designs, such as the Wizard (which is my putter of choice) or from what I hear the big bead Aviar, or more Challengers. Check out a Pro D one and a Soft one.

I've only been playing for a little bit but I really love my Goblin. It's kind of a cross between a short mid-range and and long putter. (It says mid-range on it but the innova website and posters have it listed under putt/approach.) I like it because it flies strait and I can use it to "putt" from a pretty good distance.

I really like the Voodoo. Holds the same line as the Wizard but for a little longer. I use a heavy wizard for shorter than 25 feet and a Voodoo between 25 to 35.

I then go with a 150 Warlock 35 and out if it is not windy or stick with the Voodoo if it is windy.

Then I go back to the Wizard for upshots.

Last edited:
I have only liked the rhyno since I started playing and have tried to aviar P & A (never left my hand correctly), birdie (feels like a heavy paper plate), aero (too much float, but I like how stright it went).

For some reason the Rhyno just fits nicely in my hand and releases pretty consistently.

I am going to buy an R Pro Dart wednesday at my league with my funny money because they seem like a great putter to gain confidence (Straight fliers with grippy plastic)

I use an Aviar P&A for my short putts, but I can't throw it far with my putting grip, so I switch to a 3-finger power grip on a Wizard for longer putts. The Aviar has too deep a rim for me to grip it like that.

I like my JK Pro Aviar-X. It has a nice flight and feel when you throw it. I just picked uf a R-Pro Aviar and that seems like a pretty good putter for the shorter shots.

When I first started, I used a comet and/or buzz to putt with. I finally decided to switch to a putter, but just didn't like the feel of a lot of the putters I tried. After looking at several styles, I ended up with the KCPro Aviar, 175g. I have been very pleased with this selection.

sidewinding, you seriously putt with an x-cal?

No.

I currently carry (for testing purposes) a JK Aviar, a D Challenger, and an SS Wizard. They all are similar and amazing. The Challenger is the cheapest of the three (which I like) while the Wizard is most expensive but seems to be the most flip resistant (which I also like). The JK is in between.

I love the Pro Pig and the R Pro Dart. I use the Pig in the wind, up hill shots, and long puts. I've been using the R Pro Dart for puts inside 30 feet and have been impressed with it's ability to hug the chains.

I love my new Quest AT Crossfire

Super soft plastic, nice flight characteristics, works great as a turbo putter.

I also use a Champion Rhyno and Champion Panther for long range putts.

I had a Champion Aviar, but I HATE it. Way too stiff.

Latest posts