• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

best sidearm/flick putter

Ballingerj44

Par Member
What putter would you say your favorite or best sidearm putter is. I'm going to say the zone wins but after that what would you pick. I searched and couldn't find another thread.

Zone for me, but that's almost like cheating. I'll flick a P2 sometimes if I need a short, straight flick shot, or if I need something to turn over slowly.

The only putters I carry are KC Aviars. I carry two Aviars in my bag just for drives & approach shots. My favorite sidearm putter is a new Aviar but I sidearm both my driving putters. The beat one is great for trick shots, turnovers & hyzer flips.

I don't care for beads when I flick so any non beaded putter would work fine for me. I use Challengers and their microbeads don't bother me and they work fine. I don't use them often but I can if I need or want to.

All personal preference though.

I agree with you but I think this is more of a "whats your favorite putter to sidearm" kinda thread.

well, then ill add-- I hate them all :p

I mean any putter can be thrown FH I just don't see much difference or need to state one its basically going to be a putter in your bag I would assume lol.

I love a Harp for this, it's sort of a tweeter but you can flick it on any shot less than about 250. Awesome disc overall.

I don't use FH to drive with putters, my form is way to nasty right now to do it consistently, but for out shots and anything less than 100-125 feet I've gotten pretty good at flicking my soft ridge. Saves me at least a stroke every time I hit the course, especially helps if I'm in the bush a lot.

Aim... A zone is a FH putter is it not?

A Zone is magical regardless of how it's thrown. Mine sees FH, BH, Thumber, and FH roller duty regularly.

I like to flick Zones, Pures, and Polecats depending on the situation. I also liked the Envy FH much more than I liked it BH.

Never heard of a harp who makes it

It's a Westside disc, comes in thier BT Soft plastic which is like a less chalky Gateway SS plastic, it scuffs easily but retains the flight characteristics well. Think the stats are 4/3/0/3 so fairly OS and a little fast for a putter but an amazing shallow FH disc.

Pro D Ringer is my favorite putter to FH next to a Zone.

A stiff VP is a great FH driving putter. Super reliable fade without being obnoxious, and the deep rim is nice for a two-finger grip.

Latest posts