• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Best Surge Plastic

Best Surge Plastic

• Pro-D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elite-X

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Elite-Z

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • ESP

Votes: 33 60.0%
  • ESP FLX

Votes: 10 18.2%

• Total voters

progolfer33

Bogey Member
Based on responses from another thread, I think I am going to get a Surge. I was wondering what everyone thought the best plastic was for this disc. Feel free to comment in addition to the poll.

Own all of the premium plastics, Z, ESP, FLX. My favorite one is my ESP Nate Doss, flies like a dream.

I used a Z for a couple of months then traded it for a pro wraith. Best thing I did. Love my wraiths!!

Biz
Team Bert

I have tried all but the 150 class surges and for consistant flight and distance, ESP is the way to go. The FLX was not nearly as reliable and the z was more overstable than I wanted. But for straight shots or shots with a little anny and the slight fade, ESP is a thing of beauty.

Honestly I crossed over to the FLX Surge and came right back to the ESP. Both FLX's I had went swimming, forever.... Thats just the case with the Surge though. Every other FLX mold I've got I love. The FLX Surge for me is just too flexible for the snap it requires. FH or BH...

ESP Surges beat in too fast. After using it as my main driver 2 times a week for 1 month the disc had become too flippy to rely on for any type of consistency. It basically lost all of its stability so it would just keep turning forever unless I gave it some serious hyzer, and even then it wouldn't fade at the end. It was a sweet disc while its stability held up, but it became too understable way too fast.

I have a Z and ESP. I use the ESP for more of a turnover shot. The Z I use for more of a straight flyer with a hyzer finish and the Z can take a little more snap

the ESP Nate Doss I have flies like an E* Wraith - same stability as a Star Wraith with more glide IMO

Latest posts