• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Understable Mid Range

After seeing this thread I put a Star Stingray back in the bag and learned to put some hyzer on it to keep it from turning too sharp and possible turning into a roller, and I friggin peged the post dead square just under the basket on hole 17 at Roscoe Ewing. So close.

Anyway; love flipping it for a late turn.

I mentioned the Aero back on post 40; ;)

Yeah but you didn't send a birthday greeting to me last month.

Seriously though I apologize for missing your post. The Aero is a great all around disc. Those who haven't thrown one are missing out.

More back on subject, I threw a Buzz for the first time this afternoon. It's OK, a lot like an Aurora. I still like the glide of an Element more though. Also the Element is less stable than either the Buzz or Aurora.

I'm curious about the Flying Squirrel. Who has gotten a chance to try it? How does it stack up to the other discs being mentioned here?

the only two mids i have in my bag are a star mako and a star stingray, and you are right the mako is very touchy. i just put the stingray on a slow anny and it comes back 90% of the time. that mako is a tricky disc at times but if you talk nice to it things will be o.k. :D

So I finally got my Opto Fuse in the mail the other day, had a chance to play a round with yesterday. I'm convert. Now my Core goes straight then left, my E Element goes straight, and my Fuse goes straight and to the right. Can't thank everyone enough for all the advice, I'm so happy.

Fuse. I am currently throwing a 174 Opto. It seems to be a good all-around weight for me. I have thrown a 164 GL and even with my wimpy arm it can be turned pretty easily. Probably a good turnover disc if that is all you are using it for. I have also carried my 177 GL a few times and I just haven't been able to give with it. I still bring it along if it's a windy day and give it some outdoor time though. All of them hold whatever line you give them and glide great. With good form, and the right power they are $.