• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best way to glow??

I played in a glow tournament last month and we used Glow Bracelets attached with clear tape. The nice thing about these is your can get them in bulk for less than a dime apiece and they do not add much weight to the disc. The guy doing the tournament gave us four to put on what ever disc we wanted but I am sure you could charge 25 to 50 cents per bracelet to fund a CTP or two.
Not as nice as an LEDs but if you bought a tube of 100 you and your friends could get by all winter for about 2 bucks a piece. It was easier to find these discs at night than in day time!

glow_bracelet5.JPG

I played in a glow tournament last month and we used Glow Bracelets attached with clear tape. The nice thing about these is your can get them in bulk for less than a dime apiece and they do not add much weight to the disc. The guy doing the tournament gave us four to put on what ever disc we wanted but I am sure you could charge 25 to 50 cents per bracelet to fund a CTP or two.
Not as nice as an LEDs but if you bought a tube of 100 you and your friends could get by all winter for about 2 bucks a piece. It was easier to find these discs at night than in day time!

glow_bracelet5.JPG
We used these too. I wore a couple so I would be seen in the dark. They taped them to the baskets. Very cheap & lasted all nite!

What does anyone think of these? I was thinking of getting them but not sure if they really work that good. Anyone try them?

Aero Pod
Description:
Black Jax Sports says this about the Aero Pod:The HOLY GRAIL for night disc sport enthusiasts! The AeroPOD™ Light-Up UNIVERSAL Disc Pod is designed to easily mount onto ANY disc. Stop messing with tape and light sticks for your Night/Glow Disc Golf and Night Ultimate fun, this mounts in minutes, has replaceable batteries and won't come off until you take it off...GUARANTEED. And it's the BRIGHTEST solution out there too!
FEATURES:
• Long-Lasting, Replaceable Batteries
• FOUR SUPER BRIGHT LEDs
• Extreme Durability
• WILL NOT COME OFF IN USE
• 10 grams - Perfectly Balanced

http://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_displayProduct.php?p=437&PPQT1=287

Attachments

• Aero_Pod_Color_Changing_Aero_Pod_Standard.jpg
    Aero_Pod_Color_Changing_Aero_Pod_Standard.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 14
You can try http://www.blackjaxsports.com/. These LED discs are very easy to find at night, but difficult to throw.

just got done playing a night round in Oak Creek, WI using these discs as my friend bought a bunch of them. Not difficult to throw, but inconsistent. slight winds will roll them over unless you are fading hard at the end of it's flight on an unintentional hyzer spike...but man, you can see these discs a mile away! So much fun. AND you have the choice of blinking, or solid lights.

Debating about using these during Saturdays glow tourney or getting LEDs so I can use my Boss at night. :)

Last edited:
have recently purchased the blackjax glow discs. I got the AXE which is there driver my son has the quest driver, if you get the axe it is better if you use the forehand throw, the quest is better with the backhand. the glow discs are heavy so if u throw low weight discs u may want to get a 130 or so disc and slap aeropod to it would take weight around the 150 range.

be careful with the aeropod they have to be perfectly center on your disc for you will have to drill holes thru disc to mount the aeropod but if you get it right there is no difference in its flight path.

glow_bracelet5.JPG

This is brilliant!

glow_bracelet5.JPG

My sister and I play a couple of night rounds a week using these glowsticks. they work great, just center it,tape it to the top or bottom and go for it.they are cheap and easy to see.

Hey all,
First post here.

I've tried several different methods of lighting up. Right now, I'm using
the aeropod from blackjacks. I have one screwed onto a wraith, and
another on a buzzz. These things are incredibly bright, but the batteries
don't last too long. I just ordered 50 batteries off ebay for ~$8. If they
ever get here, and work well then these lights will be exactly what the
company claims them to be,"the holy grail".

LED's are nice, but I ended up buying at least a few of them a week, and
then have to worry about taping them on and pulling them off.

Glowsticks are nice if you're on a course that is not around street lights.
Any kinds of artificial lights really make it difficult to see the glow.

Glow golf

I have been doing glow golf for years, and I have to say I think I can tell you the pros and cons.

The "click on" leds are all the same regardless of where you buy them. They are made in Korea and packaged in various forms. They work great and weigh the least. Unfortunately they have a failure rate that does not justify their cost. Click them on and off more than a few times, and some will not stay on anymore. $3-$4 each.

Leds and button cells work great also. Get them in bulk from China. I do not use 2032 batteries. I prefer 2025 with the 3mm leds. The reason is that the 2032 batteries are too fat and tend to short out the battery. The 3mm leds will slide perfectly onto the 2025 battery (all the way to the bulb) Tape the flat side with a small piece of tape, and lay it on the disc. Tape the other side to the disc. Weight is < 3 grams. .50 each

Glow sticks work great also. Use the 1.5'' sticks. You have to shop around, and buy in bulk (I buy 1000 at a time) Not all glow sticks are equal. The 1.75'' "dollar store" sticks are horrible. Unless you have good quality sticks, they will not be very bright, worse in colder climates. .15 -.20 each

Tape- Packaging tape will not work in humid climates. It will not flex, so if you hit a tree...everything is coming off your disc. Clear duct tape works well, but will leave a sticky residue on certain discs. I use Frost King poly-seal tape. It is about $8 a roll in the door/window seal isle at Home Depot. Use a tape dispenser as scissors will get "gummed up" quickly. It also portions the tape better.

I light the baskets with led tap lights from the dollar store. They are about 3" in diameter, and have 3 white leds in each. On 3 AAA batteries they are bright for over 24 hours. We play on a private course, so we leave them on the baskets permanently. Put them in a ''zipper" sandwich bag to protect them from moisture and scratching the lens.

I bought a 10 bay charger, and rechargeable batteries off the Internet. You can get Tenergy (brand) NiMh batteries for about $1.50 each.

I just bought the axe from blackjax. I haven't been able to throw with it because it's so cold, but I'm pretty excited for some rounds at night.

I haven't found anything I like other than glow discs. I just carry a flashlite and light the disc up for 15 sec before I throw it. I was thinking about trying the Axe. I have an Areopod, but I don't want to dedicate a disc to it. I taped it to my 150 ESP Flick and it made it ridiculously overstable. I can't stand taping leds on discs because they tend to come loose or they make the disc overstable. Nothing worse than shanking a drive and the led comes loose.

I haven't found anything I like other than glow discs. I just carry a flashlite and light the disc up for 15 sec before I throw it. I was thinking about trying the Axe. I have an Areopod, but I don't want to dedicate a disc to it. I taped it to my 150 ESP Flick and it made it ridiculously overstable. I can't stand taping leds on discs because they tend to come loose or they make the disc overstable. Nothing worse than shanking a drive and the led comes loose.

Trust me...you are not using the right tape! The only tape I have found to work is clear duct, and Frost King poly seal tape. That aeropod weighs 10grams!!!! and you have to ruin a disc to use it. LEDs work, if you use the right ones. They do not adversely affect the disc flight, and you can use any disc in your bag. It is also important to make sure the disc surface is clean before the tape is applied. I find that if your light is too heavy it will make your disc UNDERSTABLE.

I just use a cheap LED and watch battery, they cost aprox 1 dollar. They'll last all night and I just put them on with a piece of Duct tape.

i have the flashlight hole in one light for my night time golfing. it works great and the batteries last for more than ten rounds. it weighs 10g so get a disc in the 160 range and you have a disc that flies great and lights up.

Latest posts