• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Best way to sell a large amount of discs?

Stankyjahnke

Double Eagle Member
I've bought a lot a lot of discs in the past couple years too narrow down what works for me and what I want/need in my bag. So I have 50+ discs in different molds and plastics I don't use.

I'm trying to figure out what would be the most effective way would be. I don't wanna sell everyone individually. 10 lots or 5 lots? eBay, here, or craigslist?

I think the best way to do it is at league nights. Just keep a couple of boxes in your trunk. Then you don't have to worry about shipping... and they are more easily accessible if you find that you want something back.

A lot of times, throwers arent worth it to ship if you want to make any kind of money. So selling locally is the best option

The Play It Again Sports near me will buy multiple discs, but you might not get that much for them.

A local shop around here will give store credit at an amount higher than they give cash, but it usually averages out to $5 per disc. Many I give them are uninked randoms I find on the course so that works for me, but if I had 50 to get rid of I would just take the ones in the best condition, bite the bullet, and sell them on here individually.

If you can't sell them at your league night I'm not sure what else you can do. Selling discs in lots of 5/10 probably won't work all that well unless they are the same mold.

Before you think about play it again, find someone like...ummmm me. Most likely I'll give you what play it again will for sure and pay for shipping, but.....it depends on what plastic you throw. PM me if you want and let me know what kind of molds you are trying to get rid of, and maybe we can make a deal.

if it's good stuff that people want, lots of 7 are the best. you can use the large priority box from usps and pay around 2 bucks a piece shipped. if it's less desirable stuff, just sell it all in one big lot. i sold a 30ish disc lot and paid a little over a buck a piece shipped.

I think the best way to do it is at league nights. Just keep a couple of boxes in your trunk. Then you don't have to worry about shipping... and they are more easily accessible if you find that you want something back.

If I had to pick one of answers already given, this would be the winner. :thmbup: No shipping costs, people can feel the discs and look them over before deciding and you may build up some relationships to help you sell discs in the future to other league guys/friends of theirs.

Best way as in easiest or to maximize return on investment? Easiest probably selling locally or on here as lots. You want to maximize ROI sell them on facebook where people are paying 40+ for pre this or that * this or that destroyers and 30 or 40+ bucks from anything sold out at the pro shop....

Call them all OOP and rare, and sell them on facebook for retail price.
But yeah, selling used throwers is a major pain. I'd the save the hassle and just sell them for $2-3 apiece at the local used sporting goods shop.

I'm looking for these if you have em

-- Discraft ESP Surge Blue/Light Blue w/ White, Black, Silver, or Gold Stamp 172-175g
--Innova Star FL Blue/Light Blue w/ White, Black, Silver, or Gold Stamp 172-175g
--Innova Star Valkyrie Blue/Light Blue w/ White, Black, Silver, or Gold Stamp 172-175g
--F7 400 Light Blue 173g+

Latest posts