• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best/Worst smelling holes you've played

Ft. Morgan is like Greeley. You just have to know what the place smells like before you go there or attempt to live there.:gross:

I did live in Greeley for a bit. My work was 3 blocks from the packing plant there on Hwy 85, and sometimes the stench was so bad you could taste it. I actually had to go into that building a number of times, it was gag-worthy.

Also, I forgot about the Ft. Morgan 'experience', it's been a while. Yeah, that would be my worst.

Worst: The course in Summit, IL is next to a particularly fragrant body of water. The course is located near an industrial area and not far from the sewage treatment ponds in Hodgkins. Not sure whether the ever present stench is due to one of the factories dumping something the shouldn't or a leak in the sh!t ponds, but I really don't think it's natural. The whole course stinks, but a couple of holes near the end of the front 9 play along the polluted waterway. The stink is definitely stronger over there. I wouldn't go into that water for my favorite disc.

Hahaha!!!

One time, on a particularly smelly day, on the smelliest hole in the back corner, I saw a younger guy and girl making out in the woods. I mean, that's love. <3<3<3

I couldn't believe it.

I can't think of any 'the worsts' after my honeysuckle week in WNC. Hole #3 and #4 at Sandhill were lined with it and it was everywhere at Lake Julian. When it started raining yesterday, Lake Julian had a smell that women would pay big money for.

P.S. the coal plant along Lake Julian is on the outs. That's good news for the overall health of the lake... Bad news for the planted tilapia. The lake's smell is going to go through some changes over the summer. I'll keep everyone updated.

P.p.s. put nose plugs in Altoids survival box.

Hole 9, Blatnick Park ..............it's on a landfill and there are multiple vents(green pipe) in the fairway. The upside is you can crack a fart and blame it on the vents, lol

43bd7243-80e7-417d-b54e-7d76cd6d5f5e_e7ce48aeb091f56ab93837c647f80574.jpg

Actually Hole 1 and 3 at Blatnick are worse. The yard waste pile is nearby and it runs off into a small pond that's bright green and smells WORSE than the methane vents on the landfill.

Worst... Temp course at Fairfax Station, VA a couple years ago. Some drunk guy playing in the doubles tourney kept getting in random people's faces for some reason, mine included, and just wreaked of a hangover and a fresh start to the next day of drinking. That boy needed to sleep it off, brush his teeth, and get a bath.

I know that guy. It wasn't a good day from what I hear.

Actually Hole 1 and 3 at Blatnick are worse. The yard waste pile is nearby and it runs off into a small pond that's bright green and smells WORSE than the methane vents on the landfill.

The best smelling course was FDR the first time i played it and there was a BBQ contest going on.

theres a fun open course here in downtown nashville called shelby/naval hill that'll have people barbecuing on holes then there's also a part of the course that has a *sewage treatment plant.

* reminds me of new orleans or third world countries like mexico that have open sewage
drainage (the kind that runs under sidewalks) where you have that sewage smell but also the best food too.

Best Smelling - Tie between Shaver Park in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and Colton Golf Club, California, Ford Park, Redlands, CA

Ford Park when all the nearby citrus groves are in bloom is heavenly. Colton is next to a bakery and often smells of Blueberry Muffins or Chocolate Brownies. At Shaver Park when the wind blows just right it smells of Cap'n Crunch or Betty Crocker Cake Mix.

Worst Smelling - Shaver Park in Cedar Rapids, Iowa when the wind changes directions and you can smell they are making dog food at Ralston!

Honeysuckle is so prevalent here that most courses benefit from the lovely aroma.

I played Lake Wilson a few years back on a hot summer day and the smell blowing of the adjacent fields was like a rotten diaper that had marinated in a hog lagoon. Having a overactive gag reflex when encountering putrid smells, I literally had dry heaves the entire round. I probably should have left after the first hole but..... disc golf. This was my fourth and last visit to Lake Wilson.

Best Smelling - Tie between Shaver Park in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and Colton Golf Club, California, Ford Park, Redlands, CA

Ford Park when all the nearby citrus groves are in bloom is heavenly. Colton is next to a bakery and often smells of Blueberry Muffins or Chocolate Brownies. At Shaver Park when the wind blows just right it smells of Cap'n Crunch or Betty Crocker Cake Mix.

Worst Smelling - Shaver Park in Cedar Rapids, Iowa when the wind changes directions and you can smell they are making dog food at Ralston!

The day I played Shaver, it smelled like Crunch Berries!

An extinct course called Kimball Pines in Battle Creek often had the smell of toasting cereal from the local Kellogg factories. Tis a nice thing to have the course reek of Fruit Loops.

Latest posts