• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Beyond Disc Golf

Agreed. When we were filming everything was 99% natural, only the intro was really scripted, and it was pretty entertaining watching it go down as they did like 20 takes and Simon hated every second of it. There was only one other moment in the show that was slightly scripted, and they probably should have done at least a second take of it, because it's fairly integral to the process, and it was pretty bad, lol

Was it the part where he put his arm on the basket and looked out over the valley? That seemed equally uncomfortable.

Was it the part where he put his arm on the basket and looked out over the valley? That seemed equally uncomfortable.

I was referring to the episode he shot with me, episode 3 in 2 weeks. But yes, the intro was pretty similar and awkward. I'll leave it vague for now, it will be interesting to see how they edit it so it doesn't seem horribly scripted lol.

the episode is centered around a private disc golf league at a private disc golf course, which is not open for play to the public. I've been there. it's a cool course. it is SO far away from what I would want to be promoting Vermont disc golf wise that I have to think the only reason they did this episode is because the last time worlds was in Vermont, this course hosted an event with the pros and Simon was there. so they wanted to go back.

sharing a clique-y group of guys playing an exclusive private course is so far away from what I like about disc golf in general but SPECIFICALLY Vermont disc golf.

Didn't get invited back, huh?

First episodes are always normally shaky at first. I think this one rounds out and does what the title says it's about. I think there's going to be episodes where the quality of the show is good but the content itself might not be as interesting to some people. I'm not really into alcohol but it's cool seeing how an interest like that brought people together that turned into the money game.

I was hoping going into this that the series would be like Erik Anders Lang's Adventures In Golf, and it seems like it's going that way but maybe a bit less focused on the sport and more on the people. Overall, I'm going to keep watching.

I was hoping going into this that the series would be like Erik Anders Lang's Adventures In Golf, and it seems like it's going that way but maybe a bit less focused on the sport and more on the people. Overall, I'm going to keep watching.

Adventures in Golf is where the inspiration came from.

Overall I liked the episode. I enjoyed hearing about how he came to learn about disc golf and what resulted from it. That being the pretty cool home course and the friendships that were created. The beer factory tour was pretty interesting even though I am not a beer drinker. Looking forward to the next episode.

I enjoyed the episode. Its people oriented, and different from any other disc golf program. Nice hearing how the course, and brewery all came together. Simon's genuine curiosity fits right in, and I can't think of anybody else on tour that can pull it off better. I look forward to following episodes.

even for off season bs this is pretty boring

im gettin paid to watch and i couldnt even do it

It is kind of cool. I enjoy seeing a cool course and the landscape. I don't need to live vicariously through Simon. He is living the life I have spent a large portion of my life, living. I mean I did not get to golf for a living, but traveling around to great courses, doing some hiking, fishing, drinking, eating and playing games is what I love to do. Good on him, he seems to be having a lot of fun. Note to self, get back to NorCal and check out Zephyr Cove.

I enjoyed Episode 2 much, much more than Episode 1.
To me, it was more relatable, both as a player and a fan of Simon.

I liked the first one and loved the second one! Looking forward to #3. I grew up in MN, so Lake Pepin is relatable for me.

Latest posts