• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BH vs FH

Which has more distance?

• BH more than 100ft longer than FH

Votes: 70 45.5%
  • BH 50-100 ft longer than FH

Votes: 36 23.4%
  • BH 0-50 ft longer than FH

Votes: 16 10.4%
  • Roughly equal

Votes: 16 10.4%
  • BH 0-50 ft shorter than FH

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • BH 50-100 ft shorter than FH

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • BH more than 100ft shorter than FH

Votes: 5 3.2%

• Total voters
Fh dominate 300-350 but starting to learn to throw bh 250 ish. Drivers that is. I bh all mids and putters.

Ask me again in a few months. Right now my forehand is consistent and deadly accurate. My forehand approach shots are my biggest strength and the only thing I regularly get complimented on. However, I've been doing almost all backhand for the last month and will continue to do so all winter... I'm already sensing far better accuracy and consistency out of my backhand than ever before, and I'm starting to push those shots out past my forehand shots in distance as well. That's why I'm doing it.

Working on BH drives right now... Always played FH and its time for a new drive... Do well with BH putts and mids, I just need more distance out of my drives...

Roughly equal. Lately my FH has been an absolute travesty, but when I'm throwing well, it's about the same.

I am glad I am not the only one. I only FH when my lie absolutely forces me to, or I need to get out of jail. I BH 99.9% of the time.

Having an approach distance FH makes DG much easier, and is a skill that can be learned in a day. Wish I started it sooner.

My backhand is more than 100' longer than my forehand, but my lhbh is only 50-100' shorter than my rhbh.

My backhand form is atrocious and my FH is pretty nice, so my max D and disc golf D FH is close to 100 ft farther than my BH. And unfortunately I don't get to play much anymore so I don't see that changing any time soon.

Last edited:
my backhand is pretty decent, while my forehand is pretty lacking..

Been busy with work, but planning to practice the forehand some more. Gotta get rid of that torque..

my FH is in a case, mounted on the front of my grip bag
it has a sign above it, that says "break glass in case of emergency"
in other words, it sucks, and i only FH when i have no other shot

I voted roughly equal because the distance I get from both is about 430. Now, accuracy and confidence is the problem though. I feel far more comfortable throwing BH for distance and I think that I am way more accurate. This could be due to the face that I throw FH using only one finger in the inside of the rim.

I just squeek into the 50-100 category. But that's more because of my weak BH - BH max about 325 and FH max about 250. :( :eek:

I have started using FH more for those mid distance right turn approaches. Much more reliable than trying to turn my BH.

I have really concentrated on BH form this year, going from about 275' average to 325' average, and in the process, my FH has suffered. Last year, my FH was deadly to 300', now I can barely get it to 250'. Recently it's really gone in the can. I need to use some of my field time to straighten it out. So I voted BH by 50-100.

Latest posts