• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BHMO

how was the weather? what happened to borg in the +4inals?

Weather was actually not bad, a bit of swirling wind but no rain, I can't say for sure but it's possible feldberg shot an 890 rated final 9 round because he was doing a fine job with his Jeff spicoli imitation just prior to the start of the round ?

thats pretty low rate of a guess plus i dont think he could get that spicolied. id guess he was either hurt faking hurt or borging off. whos got video?

it was a great final nine. i was walking with my friend the whole time. i also walked away with a 2008 nate doss USDGC chap roc

thats pretty low rate of a guess plus i dont think he could get that spicolied. id guess he was either hurt faking hurt or borging off. whos got video?

like i said, it was a guess but it was based on my personal observations, were you there? Didnt think so....

like i said, it was a guess but it was based on my personal observations, were you there? Didnt think so....

I just heard the same from a very reliable source. Not a good thing for the sport.

Your local B & C-Tier is one thing. The final of a National Tour event? Big no-no in my book.

But nothing will be done of it.

4 David Feldberg 12626 Rating-1042 Rd.1 / 73 1054 Rd.2- 51 1033 Rd.3- 74 1050 Final9- 37 890 Final score = -9

Feldberg had about the best looking drive of the 7 on hole 1 of the final 9 but ended up being stuck in a tree with a 2m rule penalty, ran the putt, missed the comeback, took a 5. Hole 2 shanked it into the woods, 2 throws to get out, missed the putt, took a 5. Hole 5 he 3 putted and got a 4. Hole 7 he threw OB on his first shot and followed it up with 2 great shots to get another 5. Hole 8 was really the only bright spot as he mashed a nasty 50-60 footer uphill for a 3. Hole 9 he threw OB on his first shot, upshot, missed the putt I think and took another 5.

Overall he putted poorly but he had nothing to lose and everything to gain so he was playing pretty recklessly I thought.

well i was parked right behind the non stop rv and i watched Feldy down enough cold ones to convince me he wasn't in the final nine. gotta say i was shocked to learn he was in the final nine. all in all i thought it looked as if he was uninterested in the final nine and was just kinda going through the motions. cant say i blame im to much. he didnt really have a chance at moving up to third so whatever it was fun to watch. Ricky's flick on hole seven was disgusting.

well i was parked right behind the non stop rv and i watched Feldy down enough cold ones to convince me he wasn't in the final nine. gotta say i was shocked to learn he was in the final nine. all in all i thought it looked as if he was uninterested in the final nine and was just kinda going through the motions. cant say i blame im to much. he didnt really have a chance at moving up to third so whatever it was fun to watch. Ricky's flick on hole seven was disgusting.

nice playing with you in the final round, you shot pretty well dude:thmbup:

Final 9s don't get official ratings so it didn't matter to Feldberg whether he shot well or tanked from a ratings standpoint.

thank you for the real replies. yes i was there thats why i asked about the weather. borg and i were getting helen kellered.

Dave had a thorn stuck under his right ring finger nail. At one point during the final nine he came over to a group of us, showed us his finger and said he could barely grip his disc. I thought he had a decent final 9 considering the circumstances.

Is there any video floating around out there of any of this? I would love to watch the 1100 rated round.

I don't think so. Wysocki wasn't on the lead card so he wasn't even getting the real time scoring updates from his round.

Latest posts