• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big Hyzer Bags Approach Cart

Not out west. You definitely won't ever be seeing a predominance of carts at places like Whistler's Bend or Diamond X, although I'd love to see someone drag their carts up those cliffs. And I would question whether some of these carts are "exceptionally" or even marginally better than some of the better bags out there (specifically, thinking of the various bags out of Montana).

I definitely think we will see more carts. Like bags though, there will be good and bad, expensive and cheaper. And there will be pros and cons and tradeoffs as between the two options.

I will bet you a fancy cart that there will still be more bags than carts on the course, at least where I live, in ten years. And I bet you I will have both, and use them for different types of outings.

To be fair, I had not really considered the issue of terrain when I made my grand pronouncement. I have seen holes where a cart would not be good, but never an entire course (they exist, I just have not played them) I still believe my statement to be mostly true, but not enough to bet on it. Perhaps I should not be so hyperbolic in the future.

Btw, I recently played the IDGC and that is the course that helped convince me to buy a cart. Sure it would be awkward in spots, but useful mostly. I think carts have room to improve, but will still be something almost every serious player uses at least part of the time in the future.

They have a lifetime warranty. The wheels would be replaced free of charge should there ever be a problem

The wheels look like what's on golf push carts. I liked them on the one I used before I bought the Delta. They'd get thorns that were easily picked out.

This is John. I designed the double handle for those that prefer the jogger stroller style handle. With the two handles, you can orient them to match that of a stroller. Or you can't pull just one handle up. Lefties might prefer to use only the left handle. As for the disc capacity, I figured you need about 20" on the width of the wheels to provide stability. Why not make that all bag. You don't have to carry 40+ discs you can just use the top rack and place a hoodie or something in the lower rack. As for the wheels, I did a lot of research on wheels. I definitely did not want "tires" that could go flat. How big of a nightmare would that be in the course? These wheels are used heavy in the agricultural industry to make carts used by fruit pickers. They are very durable and are covered under warranty regardless. I would happy to answer any questions as well.

Hey John:

If you want to use the bottom for storage, do you just zip up the cover-flap halfway? Or is there some mechanism that holds the zippers in place so ensure it stays halfway-closed?

Thanks.

One thing I'm seeing on this cart is strap loops right behind the seat. If I'm playing a course that would be 80% or even 70% cart friendly, I would only load up 15-20 discs and bring a shoulder strap so I could just lug it over the troublesome fairway spots.

I saw a ton of people with carts when I played west coast and southern courses, I've only ever seen one on a Pennsylvania course and I've played exponentially more rounds here. Right off the bat I can think of 2 courses in my regular rotation that would be downright impossible to pull a cart through, Nockamixon and South Mountain. Both of those courses are basically built out of rocks and boulders.
When your courses are mostly flat manicured lawns dotted with trees I could see pulling a cart, but when the courses are woods and rocks and creeks and all sorts of crazy terrain, I'll stick with my ergo2

I agree man. Nocki and SoMo would suck with a cart.

Yes. Pull/push carts sell well in ball golf, and most people don't even walk. As opposed to disc golf where everyone walks except perhaps a small percentage who are handicapped. Granted, golf clubs are heavier, but carts are the future for disc carrying (at least for the hardcore player). There will always be casual players that don't want to make that kind of investment, but for people who are already spending $300 on a bag, why not spend a little more for the exceptionally better cart over a backpack. Mark my words, in ten years, disc golf backpacks will no longer exist. It will be casual bags, older single strap style bags, then carts, and nothing in between.

I imagine most serious players will have both a cart and backpack; deciding which to use based on the course they will be playing.

This cart is interesting. I know the company has a great reputation, and expect that this will be another solid option for people that like carts.

Something must be up with their facebook and website i cant find any information about this cart at all.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk