• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big Money Skins

Who is Bert?

Bert_and_Ernie.JPG

He's holding the duck.

Last edited:
Just listening to the latest Smashboxx Aftershow podcast.
The 2023 Big Money Skins tourney is being scheduled for June 7 thru 11.
Seems to be conflicting with a Silver Series event.
Discuss. :popcorn:

Ounces, grams... what the difference? :confused:

Hey Bert: 170 ounces = 10.6 lbs ;)
He's a roller coaster when he talks about disc golf. Great enthusiasm. Not really great on details but new players usually aren't. He has a pretty skewed view of what disc golf is that isn't a reality for most of us.

Also to me we kinda come off a desperate when a guy like Bert Kreischer starts playing and the entirety of disc golf throws themselves at him like a truck stop hooker. Like good for him I guess? I don't know, it really doesn't matter. Like I don't think it was wrong for Innova to throw free discs at him for the publicity on the one hand, but like...can't he afford to buy his own? Eh, I don't really have a point. I just wanted to mention that we act like a truck stop hooker around Bert Kreischer. :|

He's the shirtless comedian, right? Why Innova? It's been pretty well established he should be an MVP guy.
Lol.

MVP did give him a bunch of gear. So did Discraft. Like everybody was using the guy in social media posts for a while there; he showed up in my feed with people giving him golf discs so much I had to look him up and try to figure out what the big deal was.

Just listening to the latest Smashboxx Aftershow podcast.
The 2023 Big Money Skins tourney is being scheduled for June 7 thru 11.
Seems to be conflicting with a Silver Series event.
Discuss. :popcorn:

Silver Series conflict is no big deal- the majority of the top dogs are not going to be playing them. Long trip from Portland the week prior might keep a few players away but the majority will show up for the $. All in all it should be a much better event than last year which seemed rushed. I wonder if they will figure out a way to do live.

He's a roller coaster when he talks about disc golf. Great enthusiasm. Not really great on details but new players usually aren't. He has a pretty skewed view of what disc golf is that isn't a reality for most of us.

Also to me we kinda come off a desperate when a guy like Bert Kreischer starts playing and the entirety of disc golf throws themselves at him like a truck stop hooker. Like good for him I guess? I don't know, it really doesn't matter. Like I don't think it was wrong for Innova to throw free discs at him for the publicity on the one hand, but like...can't he afford to buy his own? Eh, I don't really have a point. I just wanted to mention that we act like a truck stop hooker around Bert Kreischer. :|

Speak for yourself, sounds like projection IMO. I wouldn't say I'm seeing many people at all engage with this guy and a quick search for "Bert Kreischer Jomez" doesn't bring anything up.

Speak for yourself, sounds like projection IMO. I wouldn't say I'm seeing many people at all engage with this guy and a quick search for "Bert Kreischer Jomez" doesn't bring anything up.
Lol, I'm so confused. The guy himself was bragging about how as soon as he posted that he was playing disc golf that companies were handing him free discs and he was playing casual rounds with people like Paige Pierce. What does Jomez have to do with anything?

Lol, I'm so confused. The guy himself was bragging about how as soon as he posted that he was playing disc golf that companies were handing him free discs and he was playing casual rounds with people like Paige Pierce. What does Jomez have to do with anything?

Shallows has it wrong. The truck stop hooker phenomenon has been going on for as long as I have played disc golf. (See DGPT Celebrity Pro-Am...)

Silver Series conflict is no big deal- the majority of the top dogs are not going to be playing them. Long trip from Portland the week prior might keep a few players away but the majority will show up for the $. All in all it should be a much better event than last year which seemed rushed. I wonder if they will figure out a way to do live.
I would guess you are right. Silver Series events are fairly lightly attended by the top dogs and money talks. Hopefully they learned from the fall event and things will go more smoothly.

Shallows has it wrong. The truck stop hooker phenomenon has been going on for as long as I have played disc golf. (See DGPT Celebrity Pro-Am...)

How does some dude bragging about himself and playing a casual with PP constitute "the entirety of disc golf throw[ing] themselves at him like a truck stop hooker"? Not sure how you'd define "the entirety of disc golf" but for most people Jomez would be included in that definition.

TBF I have minimal experience with truck stop hookers so perhaps I should yield to your expertise.